There’s three different bonuses, $250, $500 and $750. Each reward level must complete the following qualification steps to receive the reward:
- Open a new Advantage Checking account with code Q219ADVCHKOL
- Deposit at least $100 within 14 days of account opening. AND
- Complete at least $3,000 in Direct Deposits into the new SunTrust Advantage checking account within 60 days of your account opening. AND
- Make at least 10 Debit Card purchases** within 60 days of account opening.
Then which bonus you get depends on the lowest balance requirement that is maintained for 90 days after opening the new checking account:
- $250 Bonus – No balance requirement
- $500 Bonus – $25K balance requirement (deposit within 30 days and maintain for 90 days)
- $750 Bonus – $100K balance requirement (deposit within 30 days and maintain for 90 days)
All three accounts come with fees:
- Advantage Checking – $20 Monthly Fee. Waived with following:
- Make $3,000 or more in total qualifying monthly Direct Deposits OR
- Hold $10,000 total combined relationship balances linked across deposits and investments OR
- Linked personal SunTrust Credit Card, Mortgage, or Loan OR
- Linked Small Business Checking account
If you do get charged a fee, remember to always ask for a refund at least for the first charge.
- You must not have closed a personal checking account within 180 days of the promotion start date (on or after November 2, 2018).
- The primary account holder of the participating checking account must be 18 years old or older at the time of account opening.
- Offer available only to U.S. residents with a U.S. address and a valid U.S. taxpayer identification number.
- The qualifying checking account must be opened online using the applicable promotion code and must have a mailing address in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, or the District of Columbia.
This Suntrust bank bonus expired at the end of April but has been extended again. The highest bonus of $750 requires you to keep $100K in the account for 90 days. You would be losing out on $500-$600 of interest, so it’s probably not worth it if you’re getting more than 2% anywhere else. With the $500 bonus you only need to keep $25K in the account, so you would be losing out on $125-$150 of interest. This could be the best option, since you need at least $10K or $3K in deirect deposits to waive the monthly fee. If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses. And, if you’re new to bank account bonuses, you can learn more about churning bank accounts here.
- Apply Online Here or Print Coupon to Apply In Branch
- Account Type: Advantage Checking
- Promo code: Q119ADVCHKOL
- Availability: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington D.C., and West Virginia
- Expiration Date:
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: Yes up to $1000
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $3K within 60 days
- Other Requirements: 10 debit card purchases within 60 days, and $0-$100K balance for 90 days
- Monthly Fee: $20 (can be waived)
- Closing Account Fee: 25 if closed within 6 months