Suntrust Bank Bonus, Get Up to $1000 with New Checking Account
This offer has expired. See the full list of available bank bonuses here.
SunTrust Bank has a new checking account bonus that can net you $500 in cash. Offer is available only in a few states until June 30, 2021. Check the details below and see whether you are eligible and find out how to get this bonus.
Earn $500 for opening both a new personal SunTrust checking and savings or money market (MMA) account on the same day, from 4/1/21 through 6/30/21, and meeting the following qualifications for each account.
- Complete at least (2) qualifying Direct Deposits totaling $500 or more into the new checking account within 90 days of account opening, and
- Deposit $15,000 or more into the new savings or MMA within 30 days of account opening, and maintain $15,000 or more through 90 days after account opening.
Only deposits made to the new eligible savings or MMA through 30 days of account opening will be considered for qualification. Deposits made into the savings or MMA after 30 days will not be considered for the deposit requirement. Accounts must be opened on the same day and with the same account ownership to be eligible for the reward. Enrollment in the promotion is required at account opening using promo code CHKSAVQ221. The reward will be deposited into the new checking account within four weeks of verifying all qualification requirements.
Advantage Checking has a $20 monthly fee that is waived with the following options:
- Make $3,000 or more in Total Monthly Qualifying Direct Deposits OR
- Maintain a Total Combined Relationship Balance of $10,000 or more linked across deposits and investments OR
- Have a linked personal SunTrust Credit Card, Mortgage or Loan OR
- Have a Linked Small Business Checking Account
SunTrust savings or MMA accounts don’t have any monthly fees.
If you do get charged a fee, remember to always ask for a refund at least for the first charge.
For new checking, savings or money market clients only. You must not have closed a personal checking account within 180 days of the promotion start date.
Must open the account online and client must have an address in the following states: AL, AR, DC, GA, FL, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV.
To get this $500 bonus, you need to open a checking account and a savings/money market account. Then you need to fulfill requirements for each account. Foe the checking account, make two qualifying Direct Deposits totaling $500 or more. For the savings or MMA deposit $15K and keep it in the account for 90 days.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses. And, if you’re new to bank account bonuses, you can learn more about churning bank accounts here.
- OFFER PAGE
- Account Type: Checking and Savings
- Promo code: CHKSAVQ221
- Availability: AL, AR, DC, GA, FL, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: Yes up to $1,000
- Direct Deposit Requirement: 2 direct deposits totaling $500 or more
- Other Requirements: $15K deposit in Savings or MMA
- Monthly Fee: $20 (see above)
- Closing Account Fee: $25 if closed within 6 months
- Expiration Date: 6/30/21
Found a great Bank Offer? Share it with us, so we can share it with our readers!
2 thoughts on “[Expired] Suntrust Bank Bonus, Get $500 with New Checking & Savings (Select States)”
I closed my previous account over 181 days from opening of the new account and communicated with bank official that this was adequate to be in compliance.
All other criteria has clearly been established and required funds deposited.
Two SunTrust bank officers accepted the bonus coupon when opening the account, and all was good.
Now SunTrust says they will not pay me.
I simply ask if the bank employees honors the bonus, he was fully aware of the program. If he submits the coupon, and then says there was a problem, is the customer at fault?
There was never any question at time of accepting the bonus coupon, but now they are refusing to acknowledges that they took your money, but didn’t read the coupon correctly.
I ask for your response on this matter.
What reason did they give you for not paying the bonus?