Southwest Performance Business Card 100K Bonus
The Southwest Companion Pass is one of the best deals in air travel. If you earn 125,000 qualifying points in a calendar year, you earn the Companion Pass for the rest of that year and the following year. Usually that requires two credit card welcome offers, but now Chase will let you to earn 125,000 Southwest points with just one card, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card. You need to spend a lot to get the whole bonus, a total of $25,000 on purchases within the first 6 months. Let’s see how this offer works and if it is worth it.
Here’s what this Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card welcome bonus looks like:
- Earn 70,000 points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months.
- Plus, earn an additional 30,000 points after you spend $25,000 on purchases in the first 6 months.
- LEARN MORE
$199 annual fee. Not waived.
Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card benefits include:
- 9,000 anniversary points after your Cardmember anniversary
- 3 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines flights and hotel/car rental partners
- 2 points per $1 spent on social media and search engine advertising
- 2 points per $1 spent on internet, cable and phone services
- Four upgraded boardings per year (when available),
- Each anniversary year you will be reimbursed for the purchase of up to 4 Upgraded Boardings which are positions A1-A15.
- Upgraded Boardings may be purchased at the departure gate or ticket counter on the day of travel only, when available.
- Inflight WiFi Credits
- up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Fee Credit
This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months.
Earning the Companion Pass with just one credit card is a big deal and Chase has crunched the numbers to make it exactly 125,000 points once all the spending requirement is completed. You earn 5,000 points for the first $5K spending and then get a bonus of 70K points. You then spend $20K more and get another 20K points for the spending, and the extra 30K points for reaching the $25K spending within 6 months. Add that all up and you have 125,000 points, enough for your Southwest Companion Pass. And that is assuming all your spending being in non-bonus categories. And the timing is also good as you can have your Companion Pass for the rest of 2020 and 2021.
While it is true that earning the Companion Pass with one card is a rare offer, keep in mind that you need to spend a total of $25,000 within six months to do so, and you are earning just 30,000 points for that extra $20K in spending. That’s just an extra 1.5x points per dollar. If hard inquiries are not a big issue for you, then you could consider going for the 70K points only from this offer and applying for a personal card also. All three personal cards have big bonuses as well. Also keep in mind that personal cards count towards you 5/24, while the Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card doesn’t.