Seagram’s Ginger Ale Settlement
The lawsuit contends that the Products were inappropriately labeled as “Made with Real Ginger.” The lawsuit seeks a court order prohibiting such labeling and requiring Defendant to repay consumers for a portion of the Products’ purchase price. Defendant denies the claims in the lawsuit. It contends that the Products have always been truthfully marketed and labeled, and that they were and are “Made with Real Ginger.” The Court has not decided who is correct, but the plaintiffs who brought the lawsuit (acting on behalf of all Settlement Class Members) and Defendant have reached an agreement to settle the case. With this Seagram’s Ginger Ale Settlement you can get up to to $10.40 with no proof of purchase and up to $80 with proof.
This case involves all Seagram’s Ginger Ale Products, including Seagram’s Ginger Ale, Seagram’s Diet Ginger Ale, Seagram’s Raspberry Ginger Ale, and Seagram’s Diet Raspberry Ginger Ale (the “Products”) purchased for personal use in the United States between April 1, 2013, and June 13, 2019.
What Products Are Included?
All Seagram’s Ginger Ale Products, including:
- Ginger Ale
- Diet Ginger Ale
- Raspberry Ginger Ale
- Diet Raspberry Ginger Ale
How Much Do I Get?
Settlement Class Members may file claims for Products purchased between April 1, 2013, and June 13, 2019, regardless of the price the Settlement Class Member paid. Valid Claims will be paid according to the following procedures:
- Settlement Class Members who submit Valid Claims shall receive up to $0.80 per Product Unit (the “Benefit”), subject to the restrictions set forth below, though the Benefit may be reduced depending upon the number of Valid Claims and the amount of the settlement fund devoted to other costs, such as attorneys’ fees, administration costs, and payments to the Class Representatives. A Product Unit is any unit in which a Product was individually sold at retail during the Settlement Class Period. Thus, for example, a 2-liter bottle, a 20-ounce bottle, a 12-pack of 12-ounce cans, or a 10-pack of 7.5-ounce cans would each be a single Product Unit.
- A Settlement Class Member who submits a Valid Claim for purchases of one (1) to five (5) Product Units shall recover the Benefit for five Product Units, for a payment of up to $4.00.
- A Settlement Class Member who does not provide valid Proof of Purchase may recover the Benefit for up to thirteen (13) Product units, for a payment of up to ten dollars and forty cents ($10.40), per Household.
- A Settlement Class Member who does provide valid Proof of Purchase may recover the Benefit for up to eighty-seven (87) additional Product Units per Household. Thus, a Settlement Class Member with valid Proof of Purchase may recover the Benefit for up to one hundred (100) Product Units, for a maximum payment of eighty dollars ($80.00) per Household, provided that Proof of Purchase is furnished for at least 87 of those Product Units.
- All Claims submitted from the same Household shall be treated as a single Claim including for the purposes of meeting these maximums and the Proof of Purchase requirements.
- The Settlement also provides for a permanent injunction that requires Defendant to phase out, and eventually stop using, the claim “Made with Real Ginger,” but permits the labeling of Seagram’s Ginger Ale Products to include statements such as “real ginger taste,” “made with real ginger extract,” “real ginger flavor,” “flavor from real ginger extract,” “natural ginger flavor,” “ginger flavor,” and combinations of those words or phrases.
“Proof of Purchase” means a receipt or other documentation, produced by a third-party commercial source (such as a store), that reasonably establishes the fact and date of purchase of the Product during the Class Period.
Claims will be paid only if deemed valid and only after the Court approves the Settlement. The parties predict that each claim will be paid at least $0.40 per Unit, and more if there are fewer claims than expected.
Must submit your Claim Form online or by mail by 9/5/2019.
Do Not Submit False Claims
These settlements enable you to get something back if you were wronged by merchants, manufacturers or other entities. They sometimes reach out to you to let you know that you’re part of a settlement, but that’s not always the case. make sure to check dates and products carefully to see if you’re eligible. You can look here for more settlement rebates that you might qualify for.
Please do not submit fraudulent claims for these settlement rebates. It takes money away from those who deserve a reimbursement, and furthermore it is illegal. You’re usually required to acknowledge something along these lines:
I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that all of the information provided on this Claim Form is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
- File claim here
- Rebate: Up to $10.40 with no proof. Up to $80 with proof
- Proof of Purchase Required: No
- Settlement Pool: $2,450,000
- Filing Deadline: 9/5/2019
- Read Settlement Details Here