Point Debit Card Annual Fee Increased to $99
I often write about the Points Debit Card here on the site, as it offers great spending bonuses and increased earning at select merchants. I got the card myself with a $49 annual fee, and I have received at least $200+ in value so far besides the signup bonus of $100.
But now the annual fee on the card has been increased. If you sign up now, you will have to pay $99/year and the first annual fee is billed when you fund your account. It’s not clear if current cardholders will be grandfathered at the lower $49 annual fee.
Point Debit Card Details
- 5x on subscription purchases
- 3x on delivery and ride share
- 1x on all other purchases
- Points are worth 1 cent each and can be redeemed for cash.
- Limit of $8,000 in monthly deposits
- No credit check is required to sign up as this is a debit card.
- Phone insurance when you pay you bill with the Point card, up to $600 per incident, $50 deductible per loss. A maximum of $1,000 per 12 months.
- New purchase insurance within 90 days of the date of purchase, up to $1,000 per loss. A maximum pay of $25,000 per 12 months.
- Trip cancellation insurance for non-refundable, unused payments if a trip is cancelled or interrupted for covered reasons, up to $1,500 per incident.
- Rental insurance when you pay for the entire rental transaction with Point Card and decline the Collision Damage/Loss Damage Waiver coverage offered by the car rental company.
- Annual Fee: $99
The Point Debit Card comes with a $100 bonus, and possibly a $250 bonus if you can find any refer links for that offer. That still makes it worth it for the first year. But continuing to pay $99 every year, might not be worthwhile since it takes some effort to complete the spending bonuses they offer.
Let me know if you have the card, how you like it so far, and if you plan to keep it for $99/year.