Amazon Releases New Kindle & Kindle Kids
Amazon on Tuesday announced a new entry-level $99 Kindle e-reader (affiliate link). The new device also has several improvements over the prior model that launched three years ago.
The biggest change is the display, which is much sharper than the earlier $89 Kindle. The sharpness is now on a par with Amazon’s more expensive $140 Kindle Paperwhite. The new Kindle also comes with double the storage, 16 GB (up from 8 GB), which should be sufficient for most people. The new Kindle also has a backlight, but it doesn’t have some of the more advanced backlight features in the Kindle Paperwhite, and is not water-resistant.
The new Kindle has the newer USB-C charger, which is the more common port used by Android phones, Apple tablets and other devices nowadays.
Amazon also introduced a new Kindle Kids (affiliate link) model with similar upgrades today. Both devices are available for preorder beginning Tuesday.
New Kindle Details
- The lightest and most compact Kindle, now with a 300 ppi high-resolution display for sharp text and images.
- Read comfortably with a glare-free, paper-like display. The adjustable front light and dark mode make reading effortless, day and night.
- Get lost in your story. Tune out messages, emails, and social media with a distraction-free device specifically made for reading.
- Now with extended battery life – A single charge via USB-C lasts up to 6 weeks.
- Now with 16 GB to store thousands of books – Double the storage capacity of the previous generation.
- Find new stories – With Kindle Unlimited, get unlimited access to over 2 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and more.
- Designed with sustainability in mind. This Kindle uses 30-75% recycled plastics and 90% recycled magnesium and has 100% recyclable device packaging.
You can get these items at a discount if you are eligible for some of the ongoing deals on Amazon.Here's a list of some of the current deals and discounts for Amazon purchases:
- Try Amazon Photos, Get $15 Off $30 on Next Purchase (expires 10/31/22)
- Add Citi Card to Amazon, Get $10 Off $10.01 (expires 10/31/22)
- Amazon, Get $12 Off Your Next $25+ Pickup Order (expires 12/31/22)
- Add $100+ to Your Amazon Balance, Get $12 Bonus (expires 12/31/22)
- Amazon App, $15 Off $25 on 2 Orders for First Time Users (expires 12/31/22)
Rakuten, TopCashback, RebatesMe and more for possible cashback.