Amex Opens New Centurion Lounge In London
American Express officially opened its Centurion Lounge, part of its signature airport lounge program, at the London Heathrow Airport. The lounge is the first Centurion Lounge in Europe and American Express’ third Centurion Lounge to open this year.
Spanning over 7,000 square feet, the new lounge will embody London’s vibrancy and charm while incorporating the signature features Card Members expect from a Centurion Lounge. The new space will feature local custom-made design elements and unique amenities, including:
- Curated Global Menu by Michelin-Star Chef Assaf Granit: Chef Assaf Granit of Coal Office in London will serve as the Executive Chef. Chef Assaf Granit’s menu ties back to London’s rich multicultural heritage through signature dishes from his top restaurants across the globe. Dishes include his staple homemade Kubalah bread, fried pita chips with tahini, shakshukit, a beef & lamb dish with confit tomatoes and tahini, and for dessert, an “Oh ‘My Baklava’” olive oil cake with pistachio anglaise and rose water diplomat.
- British-Inspired Tea Cart with Hot and Cold Beverage Selections: Celebrating the nation’s tea tradition, the first-ever Centurion Lounge tea cart will host a selection of local hot and cold teas as well as pastries. In the mornings, Card Members can stay energized during their travels with immune booster drinks, mango infused coconut water, peach iced tea and more. The bar will have offerings from legendary mixologist Jim Meehan, whose menu features British cocktails like the Wayne’s Collins, a mashup of the Tom Collins and White Negroni, and non-alcoholic mixtures like the Hare of the Fog, a Negroni riff featuring England’s own Seedlip spirit and Aecorn aperitifs. The lounge will feature global wines sourced from France, Italy, Argentina, and more – exclusively selected by Wine Director Anthony Giglio.
- Seasonal Soapsmith Products by Samantha Jameson: The new lounge will host a collection of award-winning, bespoke scented bath and body care products from London-based Soapsmith. Founder Samantha Jameson’s line of six signature scents is inspired by different areas of London and made by a family of highly skilled soapsmiths with local ingredients. The scents will be rotated seasonally in the lounge, starting with “Hackney,” a tribute to the borough where Samantha grew up.
- British Art and Design: From a moss wall that nods to London’s famous Hyde Park to a series of architectural pencil artwork by Minty Sainsbury, the lounge interior will transport guests on a journey to discover London through design. The lounge will feature custom furniture sourced from UK-based producers Konk, Naughtone and Deadgood and an art gallery curated by Art Story, including Norman Parkinson’s fashion photography as well as original pieces by Carne Griffiths and Stephen Marshall. Each artwork contains a QR code so Card Members can digitally engage with it and learn more about the piece and artist. The lounge will also feature luxury and modern lighting designs by Lee Broom and Tom Dixon, two of the UK’s leading product designers in lighting design.
Essentials for business and leisure travelers alike, guests can enjoy dedicated workspaces, power outlets, private phone areas, comfortable seating, wireless mobile charging, high-speed Wi-Fi and access to American Express Member Services Professionals to assist with on-site Card and travel-related services.
The Centurion Lounge at LHR will also be the first Centurion Lounge to partially utilize renewable energy through newly installed solar panels. The environmentally conscious design is in line with American Express’s 2025 environmental goals to reduce energy use across its managed facilities and its recent announcement to commit to net-zero emissions globally by 2035.
The Lounge is in Terminal 3. After you go through security, you can find it by taking the elevators, located just left of the Flight Connections access point in the main shopping and dining area, to Level 2. Hours of operation are between 6AM and 6PM.
The Centurion Lounge NetworkHere is a list of the lounges that are currently available and the ones that will open soon:
- Atlanta (coming soon)
- Hong Kong
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- Melbourne (coming soon)
- New York – LaGuardia
- New York – JFK
- Newark (coming soon)
- San Francisco
- Sydney (coming soon)
- Washington, D.C. (coming soon)
2 thoughts on “Amex Opens New Centurion Lounge In London”
Might be nice to clearly state (and make clearly visible) where at LHR this lounge will be. Its a big airport. And it may say but skimming through the article I don’t see it. Nice addition to LHR tho.
Good point! The Lounge is in Terminal 3. After you go through security, you can find it by taking the elevators, located just left of the Flight Connections access point in the main shopping and dining area, to Level 2.