Chase IHG Premier Card, 125K Signup Bonus Plus Free Night (40K)
The Chase IHG Club Premier Card currently has a new offer that gets you 125,000 points and a Free Night worth up to 40,000 points. The card has a $89 annual fee that is not waived this time around. The card will be refreshed soon, along with other cards in the IHG portfolio. That’s part of a whole IHG Rewards revamp that’s coming in March. Let’s see how this offer works and also check out the eligibility rules.
- Earn 125,000 Bonus Points + a Free Night (up to 40,000 points) after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Annual Fee: $89
- Credit needed: Good/Excellent
- LEARN MORE
- Earn 25X Points Total per dollar at IHG
- 10X points at IHG Hotels and Resorts as an IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Cardmember
- 10X points from IHG for being an IHG Rewards Club member
- 5X points from IHG with Platinum Elite Status, a benefit of this card
- Earn 2X points on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants.
- All other purchases will earn 1 point per $1 spent
- Enjoy a reward night after each account anniversary year at IHG hotels worldwide (properties up to 40K points)
- 10,000 bonus points after you spend $20,000 on purchases and make one additional purchase each account anniversary year.
- IHG Rewards Club Platinum Elite status for as long as you remain a Premier cardmember
- No foreign transaction fees
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit
- Baggage Delay Insurance for essential purchases like toiletries and clothing for baggage delays over 6 hours by passenger carrier up to $100 a day for 3 days.
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement if you or your immediate family members’ checked or carry-on bags are damaged or lost by the carrier, you’re covered up to $3,000 per passenger.
- Purchase Protection that covers your new purchases for 120 days against damage or theft up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account.
- Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance – If your trip is canceled or cut short by sickness, severe weather and other covered situations, you can be reimbursed up to $5,000 per trip for your pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses, including passenger fares, tours, and hotels.
This card falls under the Chase 5/24 rule. That means that you can’t be approved for new Chase cards if you have opened five or more credit cards (from any card issuer) within the past 24 months. However, some recent data points have shown that it is sometimes possible to get approved for co-brand cards, even when over 5/24. It’s far from guaranteed though.
If you currently have an IHG Rewards Club Credit Card from Chase, or you earned a new cardmember bonus on that credit card within the last 24 months, you are not eligible to receive another of the same credit card.
This is a good offer for the Chase IHG Club Premier Card. But we have seen a 150,000 points offer with a $50 credit and waived fee in the past.
If you apply now you get 125,000 points plus a Free Night (up to 40,000 points) after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. You also get a Free Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. That makes this card a keeper even when you start paying $89 every year. The free night award should easily be worth more than that. However, the fee is going up next year after the card is revamped and the name changes to Chase IHG Premier.
It’s also a good idea to apply now for those who have the legacy $49 card. As I mentioned yesterday, once the new card benefits launch, IHG Rewards Select cardmembers can product change to another Chase IHG Rewards consumer card (Traveler or Premier) but will be unable to apply for a Traveler or Premier card while still holding a Select card.
Disclaimer: I receive part of the commission when you use any of the links in this article to apply for credit cards through yourbestcreditcards.com.