Capital One 360 Savings and Checking Bonus
Capital One 360 is offering two bonuses for savings and checking accounts. The $25 bonus for checking account has been around for a while and probably not worth it, unless you are looking for a no-fee checking account. But the $100 bonus for the new savings product could be worth it, considering that it offers a 1.70% APY as well.
- 360 Performance Savings account – To receive your bonus:
- Use this unique link to open a new 360 Performance Savings account as the primary account holder.
- Fund the account with a deposit of at least $250 from a non-Capital One account. Funding must occur at account opening. Initial deposit does not include bonus.
- You will receive a bonus of:
- $25 if you deposit $250-9,999.99 or
- $100 if you deposit $10,000 or more at account opening.
- Your bonus will automatically be deposited into your account.
- 360 Checking account – To receive your bonus:
- Use the unique link sent from your friend at Capital One Bank to open a new 360 Checking account as the primary account holder.
- Fund the account with a deposit of at least $250 from a non-Capital One account and have a total of 3 debit card purchases or Zelle® payments (or any combo of the two) post to the account within 45 days of account opening. Funding must occur at account opening. Initial deposit does not include bonus.
- Your $25 bonus will automatically be deposited into your account 50 days after account opening and is available for withdrawal immediately.
- The new customer referral bonus is only available to people who have not held the following Capital One accounts since 1/9/2008: 360 Savings®, 360 Checking, 360 Money Market®, 360 Performance Savings, Savings Now, Conﬁdence Savings, Total Control Checking, Simply Checking, 360 CD®, 360 IRA Savings®, 360 IRA CD®, MONEY Teen Checking, Kids Savings account.
- Limit one bonus per new customer.
These accounts do not have any monthly fees.
The 360 Performance Savings account is a new product that was introduced a couple of months ago. You can get a $100 bonus and a 1.70% APY, which is pretty competitive nowadays. You need to deposit at least $10K in the account to get the bonus, but there doesn’t seen to be any any requirement for keeping the balance in there.
Even you have money in a saving account or money market at Capital One 360 you are probably earning a lower rate, 0.60% and 1.50% APY respectively. So you should consider opening this new account, even without the bonus, so you can earn a better rate. I use Capital One as my primary bank. Also if you already have an account, you can refer friends for these bonuses and get $20 for every person that signs up.