Buy Marriott Bonvoy Points with 60% Bonus
Marriott has a new promotion for those looking to buy Marriott Bonvoy points. You can get a bonus of 50% on the points that you purchase, which is a good deal as far as Marriott points go. The best even offer that we have seen was with a 60% bonus earlier this year. You need to buy 2,000 or more points in a single transaction, and with the added bonus, you would be paying 0.83 cents per point. The regular price for purchased Marriott Bonvoy points is 1.25 cents.
Get 50% more points when you buy or gift 2,000+ points, now through October 22, 2020.
Plus, you can purchase up to 150,000 points — that’s triple the usual annual limit — between September 14 and October 22. Annual limit includes points previously purchased in 2020, but does not include the 50% bonus points earned with this promotion.
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 a.m. ET September 14, 2020, and 11:59 p.m. ET October 22, 2020, to be eligible for the 50% bonus Points offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points.
- Purchased points do not count towards Marriott BonvoyTM Elite status.
- A member may purchase or receive as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 150,000 Points during the promotional period only. Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2020 are included in the 150,000 Points limit. The 50% bonus Points earned with this promotion are not included in the 150,000 Points limit.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000, up to 50,000 Points (with a minimum purchase of 2,000 Points required for promotion eligibility); in increments of 5,000, up to a maximum of 100,000 Points; or in increments of 10,000, up to 150,000 Points.
- Points can be purchased at a rate of US$12.50 per 1,000 Points, US$62.50 per 5,000 Points or US$125 per 10,000 Points.
- Points purchases will be processed up to seven (7) business days after purchase.
- Base Points purchased will be deposited into members’ Accounts first. Bonus Points will be deposited up to 48 hours after that initial deposit.
- You must be a member in good standing to both purchase and receive Points.
- New members may purchase Points thirty (30) days after enrollment if their Marriott Bonvoy Account reflects qualifying activity as described in the Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules. After one (1) year from enrollment, new members are eligible to purchase Points regardless of their Account activity.
- Once Points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing Points using a Marriott Bonvoy cobrand credit card will earn Points as an everyday purchase.
Buying points is not usually a good idea. With this promotion you’re able to buy Marriott Bonvoy points at a price of 0.83 cents each. That is higher that what I would value Marriott points, and definitely do not purchase speculatively. This could only make sense with a specific redemption in mind where you get great value for the points, or if you just need some more points to have enough for a redemption.
Points are sold by Points.com, so you can try going through a shopping portal to also earn some extra cashback. These purchases will not code as travel, so use a card that earns most rewards on everyday purchases, such as Amex Blue Business Plus that will get you 2x Membership Rewards.
You should probably check out these Marriott credit cards first for bonuses up to 100,000 points, and also extra perks for your Marriott stays.
HT: Frequent Miler
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I might earn a commission. This is always greatly appreciated, as it's a main source of income for the site. Otherwise, make sure you go through shopping portals to earn cashback if applicable.