Targeted $500 Checking Account Bonus From Bank of America
Update: Some people are seeing a $500 bonus instead, for opening a new checking account and complete one the following requirements:
- Open your account by December 31, 2021
- Set up and receive qualifying direct deposits totaling $10,000 or more within 90 days of account opening
- Make qualifying deposits of $50,000 or more in new money into your personal checking account within 30 days of opening and maintain that balance for 90 days (HT: DoC)
I don’t have a link for this Bank of America $500 bonus, but you can see a link to the $300 bonus below. You still need to be targeted, with or without a link.
Original article (Jan. 5, 2021)
Targeted $300 Checking Account Bonus From Bank of America
Bank of America has brought back the $300 checking account bonus. The bonus is available to customers who receive a direct communication, and it usually goes to people who already have a relationship with Bank of America. Must be targeted for this Bank of America $300 bonus in order to apply.
To check if you’re targeted, just log into your account online and in the Activity Center, click on Special Offers & Deals. You should see the offer there. If you do, then it is definitely worth it, as $300 checking bonuses are not that common. It was also sent out by email and you can check out the details here.
To receive the $300 bonus, one must open a new Bank of America Core Checking OR Bank of America Interest Checking personal checking account by April 30, 2021 and receive Qualifying Direct Deposits equaling a total of $4000 or more in your new personal checking account within 90 days from account opening.
Bonus is deposited within 60 days of meeting the requirements. There’s a limit of one per customer and as usual you’ll receive a 1099, so you’ll have to pay taxes on it.
You are not eligible for this offer if you were a signer on or owner of a Bank of America personal checking account within the last six (6) months.
The Core Checking account is probably the best option with a $12 monthly fee, which can be waived with any of the following options:
- Make at least one qualifying Direct Deposit of $250 or more, OR
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more, OR
- Be a student under age 23 and enrolled in high school, college, or vocational program, OR
- Enroll in the Preferred Rewards program and qualify for the Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Honors tier (first 4 checking accounts only).
As a reminder, this exclusive offer is only for select Bank of America customers who don’t already have a personal checking account at Bank of America and who received an email or direct communication from Bank of America. We see this Bank of America $300 bonus a couple of times a year.
If this bonus is not for you, then you can check our full list of available bank bonuses. And, if you’re new to bank account bonuses, you can learn more about churning bank accounts here.
- Offer Page
- Account Type: Core Checking
- Availability: Nationwide, Targeted
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Direct Deposits equaling a total of $4000 within 90 days (Learn More)
- Monthly Fee: $12 (waivable)
- Closing Account Fee: No
- Expiration Date:
Found a great Bank Offer? Please send it to me, so I can share it with other readers.
2 thoughts on “Targeted $500 Checking Account Bonus From Bank of America”
BOA says This doesn’t exist. it’s fraud and scam. Not sure where you’re getting this info.
From BOA site (link in article as well) https://promotions.bankofamerica.com/offers/2020t33004k , but as I mention in the article it is a targeted promotion.