Targeted $500 Checking Account Bonus From Bank of America
Update: Some people are seeing a $500 bonus instead, for opening a new checking account and complete one the following requirements:
- Set up and receive qualifying direct deposits totaling $10,000 or more within 90 days of account opening
- Make qualifying deposits of $50,000 or more in new money into your personal checking account within 30 days of opening and maintain that balance for 90 days (HT: DoC)
I don’t have a link for the $500, but you can see a link to the $300 below. You still need to be targeted, with or without a link.
Original article (Jan. 5, 2021)
Targeted $300 Checking Account Bonus From Bank of America
Bank of America has brought back the $300 checking account bonus. The bonus is available to customers who receive a direct communication, and it usually goes to people who already have a relationship with Bank of America. Must be targeted for this Bank of America $300 bonus in order to apply.
To check if you’re targeted, just log into your account online and in the Activity Center, click on Special Offers & Deals. You should see the offer there. If you do, then it is definitely worth it, as $300 checking bonuses are not that common. It was also sent out by email and you can check out the details here.
To receive the $300 bonus, one must open a new Bank of America Core Checking OR Bank of America Interest Checking personal checking account by April 30, 2021 and receive Qualifying Direct Deposits equaling a total of $4000 or more in your new personal checking account within 90 days from account opening.
Bonus is deposited within 60 days of meeting the requirements. There’s a limit of one per customer and as usual you’ll receive a 1099, so you’ll have to pay taxes on it.
You are not eligible for this offer if you were a signer on or owner of a Bank of America personal checking account within the last six (6) months.
The Core Checking account is probably the best option with a $12 monthly fee, which can be waived with any of the following options:
- Make at least one qualifying Direct Deposit of $250 or more, OR
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more, OR
- Be a student under age 23 and enrolled in high school, college, or vocational program, OR
- Enroll in the Preferred Rewards program and qualify for the Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Honors tier (first 4 checking accounts only).
As a reminder, this exclusive offer is only for select Bank of America customers who don’t already have a personal checking account at Bank of America and who received an email or direct communication from Bank of America. We see this Bank of America $300 bonus a couple of times a year.
- Offer Page
- Account Type: Core Checking
- Availability: Nationwide, Targeted
- Expiration Date:
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Direct Deposits equaling a total of $4000 within 90 days (Learn More)
- Monthly Fee: $12 (waiveable)
- Closing Account Fee: No