American Express Brings Back the Rose Gold Design
Update (Feb. 5, 2021) – Some people who requested to switch their cards to the Rose Gold design, have noticed that the $100 airline fee credit is no longer showing under benefits, and the airline credit meter has disappeared. But don’t worry, you can still use the credit until the end of the year. I reached out to American Express and they provided the following explanation:
Gold Card Members as of February 3, 2021 will be able to continue to use the Airline Fee Credit through December 31, 2021 regardless of the color of their Card. Gold Card Members who opened accounts on or after February 4, 2021 are not eligible for the Airline Fee Credit.
Original article (Feb. 4, 2021) – Today, American Express announced that its popular metal Rose Gold Card design is coming back as a color option for the U.S. Consumer American Express Gold Card. The news comes in conjunction with the launch of the $120 Uber Cash Benefit for Gold Card Members that also debuted this month.
“Our Rose Gold design quickly became a Card Member favorite when we introduced the limited-edition design a few years ago, so we knew we needed to bring it back as an option to choose from permanently,” said Rachel Stocks, Executive Vice President, Global Premium Products and Benefits at American Express. “In addition to the return of this special design, we are excited to now provide our Gold Card Members with even more value in dining with the new Uber Cash benefit.”
Building on the Gold Card’s existing dining rewards and benefits, American Express Gold Card Members now can receive up to $120 annually ($10/month) in Uber Cash. Once Gold Card Members add their Card to their Uber or Uber Eats account, they unlock this benefit and can apply it to their Rides with Uber or orders with Uber Eats in the U.S. Additionally, US Consumer American Express Gold, Green and Platinum Card® Members continue to have access to an exclusive offer for up to 12 months of complimentary Eats Pass Membership when they enroll by December 31, 2021.
To celebrate the return of the Rose Gold Card design and the new $120 Uber Cash Benefit for Gold Card Members, American Express and Uber Eats have teamed up with the fried chicken experts at Fuku to introduce a limited-edition Rose Gold Meal this Valentine’s Day weekend. Available exclusively on Uber Eats from February 13-14 in participating locations in New York and Los Angeles, the Rose Gold Meal will feature a gold-dusted Knockout Sando, bubbly beverage, custom candle and a sweet treat to top it off.
The Rose Gold Meal ($15) features a gold-dusted Knockout Sando with cute Valentine’s Day messages on the buns, as well as a few additional sweet treats to top it off:
- A limited-edition gold-dusted spicy chicken sandwich (Knockout Sando) from Fuku
- Each will be stamped with playful, Valentine’s Day messages that bring back everyone’s favorite traditional conversation candy hearts (i.e. XOXO, BE MINE, I’M YOURS, etc).
- A bubbly white grape flavored soda from United Sodas of America
- A custom, cozy lavender vanilla candle from C&E Craft Co.
- As well as a sweet rose gold-colored sugar cookie from Tiny Kitchen Treats
Amex Gold Card
The return of the Rose Gold Card design and new Uber Cash benefit are in addition to the Gold Card’s big welcome bonus and other perks the card already offers. Keep in mind that the $100 airline credit is no longer available for new customers.
- Welcome Bonus: Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $4,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 6 months.
- 4X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants, including takeout and delivery.
- 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 in eligible purchases per calendar year).
- 3X Membership Rewards® points on airfare booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- $120 Annual Dining Credit (up to $10 a month in statement credits) when you pay with the Gold Card at participating partners.
- Payment flexibility with features like Pay It Plan It® and Pay Over Time, so Card Members can choose to create monthly payment plans with a fixed fee, carry a balance with interest or pay in full each month. To learn more about these features and for terms, visit here.
- READ MORE