There’s some new Amex Offers that can save you $10 on purchases of $75 or more at Home Improvement, Home Furnishing, or Department Stores. The offers are highly targeted.
Here’s the three offers available:
- Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $75+ in one or more transactions in-store or online at select home improvement stores by 12/31/2018.
- Home Depot, Lowe’s and Menards
- Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $75+ in one or more transactions in-store or online at select US Department stores by 12/31/2018.
- Beall’s, Belk, Bloomindale’s, Boscov’s, Century 21, JCPenney, Kohl’s, Lord & Taylor, Macy’s, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Stein Mart
- Get a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $75+ in one or more transactions in-store or online at select US home furnishing stores by 12/31/2018.
- Pier 1 Imports, The Container Store, Bed Bath & Beyond, Cost Plus World Market, Crate & Barrel, Design within Reach, Raymour and Flannigan, Rooms to Go, West Elm, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Pottery Barn Teen, and Rejuvenation
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online or in app. You will get a statement credit or extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
Offers are added to a specific card, and then you use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. There was also a second round of clawbacks recently. You can however use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues. Some specific offers can also be added to multiple cards, so keep that in mind when adding offers.
For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards.
Pretty good offers, but highly targeted. Let me know if you see them in your accounts.