Amex Offer for MTA Subways and Buses
Check your American Express credit cards for a new offer that can save you $10 on MTA subway and bus rides in New York City. You can save even more if you can add the offer to multiple cards. You can find this offer in your Amex consumer and business credit cards. Check out the details of the offer below.
Get a $2 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend $2 or more on full-fare or pay-per-ride purchases by tapping to pay at MTA subway turnstiles & on MTA buses by 11/29/2023. Limit of 5 statement credits (total of $10).
- Offer valid for full-fare, pay-per-ride purchases made with your enrolled American Express Card at MTA subway turnstiles and on MTA buses.
- Contactless payment is defined as tapping your Card on the card reader or by linking and using your linked Card through a device digital wallet, such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay. See americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/features-benefits/digital-wallets/mta-contactless.html for more details.
- Excludes all mobile apps, such as but not limited to MTA TrainTime®. Excludes MTA MetroCards® or Rail Tickets purchased through Metro-North, or LIRR directly. Excludes contactless payments for MetroCards, Rail Tickets, or Bus Tickets at kiosks and on mobile apps.
- If you cannot use the contactless feature on your Card or device digital wallet for the purchase for any reason, your purchase will not qualify for the offer.
Amex OffersAmex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your accounts either as a statement credit or extra Membership Rewards points for spending a certain amount at an eligible merchant. You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. Here are a few things you should know:
- You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person. So once you add it to one card, it disappears from other cards.
- You can use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer.
- Check out a few options to quickly way to add all offers at once, or use the MaxRewards app that even lets you save offers on multiple cards.
- For third party Amex cards you can the American Express Connect site to check for offers and also add them to your cards.
- See full list of Amex Offers here.
Easy savings for those who ride subways and buses in New York City. Check your cards now and add the offer before it’s gone. Seems to be widely available, but it’s probably showing up only for those in NYC and surrounding areas.
You can also save $1 on every ride with Cash app, after you maximize this Amex Offer.