Amex Offer for Marriott Cards: Extra 6X at Amazon, Target an Walmart
If you have an American Express Marriott Bonvoy credit card, check your accounts for an offer that will earn you an extra 6x points for purchases made at several popular retailers.
Get 6 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar spent on eligible purchases at Amazon, Target and Walmart after using your enrolled Card by 12/27/2020, up to $3,500.
- Only purchases made with your Marriott Bonvoy American Express Card or Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to the Basic Card Member.
- An “eligible transaction” means a purchase made with your enrolled Card on or before 12/27/2020.
- Offer valid only for purchases made with Amazon, Target and Walmart.
- Purchases with Amazon must be made at Amazon’s US website or via the US Amazon mobile app. Purchases with Target must be made in-store at locations in the US, online at Target’s US website or by using Target’s US mobile app. Purchases with Walmart must be made in-store at locations in the US, online at Walmart’s US website or by using Walmart’s US mobile app.
- Amazon corporate gift cards and custom-designed gift cards are excluded.
- International sites owned and/or operated by Amazon or websites affiliated with/linked to/from Amazon, Amazon Go, Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global, and Amazon Drive are excluded.
- Walmart purchases made at an international version of the merchant’s website are excluded. Online and in-store layaway, contact lens, photo services, recurring subscription services (for example, Beauty Box and Baby Box), insurance services, in store pharmacy transactions, auto services, protection plans, Walmart MoneyCenter, and Walmart Care Clinic are also excluded.
Amex OffersAmex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your accounts in two forms. Either as a statement credit or extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant. You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use. You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person. You can use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer. Check out this quick way to add all offers at once. For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards. See full list of Amex Offers here.
Good offer for those that need extra Marriott Bonvoy points. Eligible Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card Members will also receive a special holiday offer in the coming weeks so they can make the most of their holiday business spending.
There are several other cards that you can use for purchases at these retailers though. For Amazon for example, there are several Chase cards that offer 5X points. Walmart is a 5% bonus category this quarter for Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Flex. At target you can always save 5% with the Target REDcard and military members can get 10% off for now.