Amex Marriott Brilliant Card Gets Platinum Elite Status, 150K Bonus and $650 Fee
Marriott Bonvoy is announcing enhancements to its premium Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card, including Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status (which offers late checkout, a welcome gift of choice upon arrival and more), a $300 annual credit at restaurants worldwide (up to $25/month back) and an annual Free Night Award.
The announcement comes on the same day as the launch of the two new credit cards, Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express Card and the Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful Card from Chase. Besides the enhancements, the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card also gets an improved welcome bonus and a fee increase. Let’s check out all the details.
- To celebrate the enhanced benefits, new Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express Card Members can earn 150,000 bonus Marriott Bonvoy points after they spend $5,000 in eligible purchases on the Card in the first three months. The offer is available through January 11, 2023. Terms and conditions apply.
- The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express Card annual fee will be increasing to $650. For Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® Card Members who opened accounts prior to September 22, 2022, the new annual fee will take effect on those Card Members’ annual renewal dates on or after January 1, 2023. See rates and fees here.
- LEARN MORE
Enhancements to Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card
Setting a new standard for luxury travel cobrand credit cards, the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card has been refreshed to offer even more benefits. Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® now gives Card Members complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite status, which provides access to hotel lounges, room upgrades and late checkout when available. Existing Card benefits such as a credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee and a Priority Pass Select membership (enrollment required) continue to give Card Members a premium travel experience.
- 6X Marriott Bonvoy points on purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy, 3X points at restaurants worldwide and on flights booked directly with airlines, and 2X points on all other eligible purchases
- Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite Status (New)
- One Free Night Award each year after Card renewal month that can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy. Certain hotels have resort fees. (New)
- Up to $300 in statement credits per calendar year (up to $25 back per month) for dining purchases at restaurants worldwide (New)
- 25 Elite Night Credits each calendar year (New)
- Up to a $100 property credit for qualifying charges at The Ritz-Carlton, Ritz-Carlton Reserve or St. Regis brands when you book direct using a special rate for a 2+ night stay
- New Annual Earned Choice Award: Each calendar year (starting January 2023), after making $60K in purchases, Card Members can select an Earned Choice Award benefit
- Priority Pass Select Membership (enrollment required)
- Application fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry (which comes with access to TSA PreCheck)
Card members who have The Ritz-Carlton Rewards™ Card from Chase, which is no longer available to new applicants, will receive the new 85K Anniversary Free Night Award. There is no change to The Ritz-Carlton Rewards™ Card annual fee.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card gets some substantial additions in the form of perks and benefits. You get complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Platinum elite status, and a Free Night Award each year after Card renewal month that can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 85,000 Marriott Bonvoy points). The $300 hotel credit also gets converted to $25 back per month for dining purchases at restaurants worldwide. That means that more people can easily use it without staying at a hotel, but it has to be used monthly instead of $300 at once, which was possible previously.
But it’s worth noting that all those improvements come at a cost. The annual fee also jumps by $200, to $650 per year.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Amex, click here.
DannyDealGuru has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. DannyDealGuru and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.