American Express Gold Card, 60K Welcome Offer Available Through Referrals
The American Express Gold card is now a great product after the recent upgrade. It earns 4X at restaurants, which is probably the best rate out there if you value Membership Rewards. It also earns 4X at supermarkets, a rate only topped by a couple of cards. You can read my review here. Now there is a new increased offer of 60,000 points, available through referrals.
Update: Also check Pre-Qualified Offers for a 75K Welcome Bonus.
Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
Annual fee for the American Express® Gold Card is $250.
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Restaurants
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Supermarkets (on up to $25,000 in purchases annually)
- 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines and amextravel.com
- 1X Membership Rewards point for all other purchases.
- $120 dining credit which gives enrolled Card Members up to $10 per month in statement credits when they use their Card at eligible dining partners including participating Shake Shack locations, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and Grubhub/Seamless
- $100 airline fee credit: up to $100 in statement credits per year for incidental expenses like baggage fees at one selected airline
- The Hotel Collection: Gold Card Members get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon check-in, when available, when they book a stay of at least two consecutive nights at hotels in the collection
- Personalized Travel Service: provides access to a team of Travel Professionals who can help with travel bookings and vacation packages across air, hotels, transportation, cruise and tour.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Annual Fee: $250
This is a great offer for the American Express Gold card. If you apply through a referral link from a friend of family member, that is another added bonus that could go as high as 25K points for some people. Looks like the public offer is still showing the 60K bonus for some, but going through a referral link is still the way to go. You could get a total of up to 85K Membership Rewards points.