American Express Gold Card, 60K Welcome Offer Available Through Referrals
The American Express Gold card is now a great product after the recent upgrade. It earns 4X at restaurants, which is probably the best rate out there if you value Membership Rewards. It also earns 4X at supermarkets, a rate only topped by a couple of cards. You can read my review here. Now there is a new increased offer of 60,000 points, available through referrals.
Update: Also check Pre-Qualified Offers for a 75K Welcome Bonus.
Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
Annual fee for the American Express® Gold Card is $250.
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Restaurants
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Supermarkets (on up to $25,000 in purchases annually)
- 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines and amextravel.com
- 1X Membership Rewards point for all other purchases.
- $120 dining credit ($10 per month in statement credits) at Grubhub/Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Goldbelly, Wine.com, Milk Bar, select Shake Shack locations, Boxed (through 8/1/2022), and Ruth's Chris Steak House (through 8/1/2022).
- $120 annually in Uber Cash which can be used on Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S., up to $10 per month.
- The Hotel Collection: $100 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon check-in, when available, when they book a stay of at least two consecutive nights
- Baggage and car Rental insurance
- Access to Amex Offers
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Annual Fee: $250
This is a great offer for the American Express Gold card. If you apply through a referral link from a friend of family member, that is another added bonus that could go as high as 25K points for some people. Looks like the public offer is still showing the 60K bonus for some, but going through a referral link is still the way to go. You could get a total of up to 85K Membership Rewards points.