American Express Gold Card, 50K Offer Available (YMMV)
The American Express Gold card is now a great product after the recent upgrade. It earns 4X at restaurants, which is probably the best rate out there if you value Membership Rewards. It also earns 4X at supermarkets, a rate only topped by a couple of cards. You can read my review here. Now some people are seeing an offer that can earn you 50,000 Membership Rewards points.
Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
Annual fee for the American Express® Gold Card is $250.
You can check this link to see if you are eligible for the offer. Try in incognito or a private window.
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Restaurants
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Supermarkets (on up to $25,000 in purchases annually)
- A new $120 dining credit which gives enrolled Card Members up to $10 per month in statement credits when they use their Card at eligible dining partners including participating Shake Shack locations, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and Grubhub/Seamless
- 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines and amextravel.com
- $100 airline fee credit: up to $100 in statement credits per year for incidental expenses like baggage fees at one selected airline
- The Hotel Collection: Gold Card Members get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon check-in, when available, when they book a stay of at least two consecutive nights at hotels in the collection
- Personalized Travel Service: provides access to a team of Travel Professionals who can help with travel bookings and vacation packages across air, hotels, transportation, cruise and tour
This is a good card that gives you tons of value and good earning rates on popular categories. Worth a quick check to see if you’re able to pull up the 50K offer.