Amex Everyday Preferred Upgrade Offer, Get 40K Points Bonus
American Express has sent out an big upgrade offer to some Blue Cash EveryDay cardholders. If targeted you can get a bonus of 40,000 Membership Rewards points to upgrade to an American Express EveryDay Preferred card that comes with a $95 fee. The offer was sent out by email, but you can also find it in the Amex Offers sections sometimes.
Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you make eligible purchases with your EveryDay Preferred Credit Card from American Express that total $2,000 or more (the “Threshold Amount”) within your first 3 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account. The statement credit will be applied 8–12 weeks after the Threshold Amount is met.
The annual fee for the Basic Card will be $95. There is no annual fee for Additional Cards.
- 3X membership Rewards points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in purchases then 1%)
- 2X membership Rewards points at U.S. gas stations
- 1X membership Rewards points on other purchases
- Use your Card 30 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 50% extra points on those purchases less returns and credits.
- $95 annual fee
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in purchases then 1%)
- 2% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
- 2% cash back at Select Department Stores is the U.S.
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases
- No annual fee
This is a good upgrade offer. You get 40,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $2,000 within the first 3 months. There’s no hard pull when upgrading and you can also receive the upgrade bonus even if you’ve had the card previously.
You should be aware of the terms that usually come with these offers:
If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome offer(s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit the statement credit to, we may freeze the statement credit credited to, or we may take away the statement credit from your account. We may also cancel this Card account and other Card accounts you may have with us.