Amex EveryDay Preferred Upgrade Offer
American Express is sending again some targeted upgrade offers by email to Amex EveryDay cardholders. The offer is to upgrade to Amex EveryDay Preferred and earn 25,000 Membership Rewards points. You can also find this offer in the Amex Offers section. You can check this link to see if you are targeted.
- Earn 25,000 points when you upgrade to the EveryDay Preferred and spend $2,000 within the first three months. Offer expires 7/31/2020.
The Amex EveryDay Preferred card has a $95 annual fee that is not waived, while the Amex EveryDay card has no fee. So take that into account.
- If you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months, points might not be credited, or frozen after issued.
- Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account.
- Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person‑to‑person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents.
Amex EveryDay Preferred
Let’s see the earning rates for the Amex EveryDay Preferred credit card. You get:
- 3X Points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 in purchases per year.
- 2X Points at U.S. gas stations
- 1x on other purchases.
- Use your Card 30 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 50% extra points
With that 50% bonus this card gives you 4.5x at supermarkets and 3x on gas. Not bad at all.
If you were targeted for this Amex EveryDay Preferred upgrade offer, it could be a nice bonus without a hard pull. I saw it in my account and I went for it. You can even get this bonus if you have had the card in the past. After 12 months, you can downgrade again. And, it’s possible to get the same upgrade offer in the future.