Amex EveryDay Preferred Upgrade Offer
American Express is sending out a great upgrade for by email to select cardholders. The offer is to upgrade to Amex EveryDay Preferred and earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points. You can usually find this offer in the Amex Offers section if you are targeted.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $2,000 on qualifying purchases on the Card, within the first 3 months of card membership.
- The $95 Annual Fee is pro-rated for the remainder of the cardmember year (about six months)
- If you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months, points might not be credited, or frozen after issued.
- Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account.
- Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person‑to‑person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents are excluded.
Amex EveryDay Preferred
Let’s see the earning rates for the Amex EveryDay Preferred credit card. You get:
- 3X Points at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 in purchases per year.
- 2X Points at U.S. gas stations
- 1x on other purchases.
- Use your Card 30 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 50% extra points
With that 50% bonus this card gives you 4.5x at supermarkets and 3x on gas. That’s a good earning rate for both categories.
If you were targeted for this Amex EveryDay Preferred upgrade offer, then it is definitely worth it. 40K Membership Rewards points are worth $600 or more when redeemed for travel, and it’s a superior offer even to the current welcome bonuses available. You can even get this bonus if you have had the card in the past. After 12 months, you can downgrade again. Don’t do it before the 12 month period is up, because American Express could take the bonus points back. And, it’s possible to get the same upgrade offer in the future.
Let me know if you were targeted for this Amex EveryDay Preferred upgrade offer!