DannyDealGuru has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. DannyDealGuru and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Amex Blue Cash Preferred, $300 Welcome Bonus and Waived Fee
The American Express Blue Cash Preferred offers the best rate for supermarket purchases. You can get 6% back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year. You also get 6% on select U.S. streaming subscriptions and 3% on transit and gas. The card also usually has a decent welcome bonus. Now the bonus has gotten even better. You can get $300 when you spend $3,000 and the annual fee of $95 is waived the first year. This offer is showing up publicly, but also through referrals.
- Apply for the Blue Cash Preferred® Card and receive $300 Back after $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable APR.
- $95 Annual fee (waived the first year)
- Credit needed: Good/Excellent
- LEARN MORE
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in purchases then 1%)
- 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
- 3% Cash Back on transit, including parking, tolls, trains and rideshares
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases
Applying for the Card
The welcome offer, intro APRs, and intro plan fees are not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. American Express may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer, intro APRs, and intro plan fee eligibility. If you’re not sure if you’ve had that card in the past, here’s how to check.
American Express has a limit of one approved credit card every 5 days and two approved cards every 90 days. You can combine the application with a charge card though.
This Amex Blue Cash Preferred $300 welcome bonus with the waived annual fee is a very good bonus. Spending requirement has been increased to $3,000, but you have six months to complete it. It’s also available through referrals, which makes every Amex welcome bonus much better. The person referring you can also earn up to 30K points.
DannyDealGuru has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. DannyDealGuru and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.