Amex Blue Cash Preferred, $300 Welcome Bonus and Waived Fee Through Referrals
The American Express Blue Cash Preferred offers the best rate for supermarket purchases. You can get 6% back at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year. You also get 6% on select U.S. streaming subscriptions and 3% on transit and gas. The card also usually has a decent welcome bonus. However right now, you can get one of the best offers we have seen on the card and to make things even sweeter, the offer is available through referral.
- Apply for the Blue Cash Preferred® Card via a referral link and receive $300 Back after $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months.
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable APR.
- $95 Annual fee (waived the first year)
The offer is showing up for some people through referrals. It might not work for everyone, but it is definitely worth checking referral links. Even if you see just $250, make sure to click through and you might see the $300 offer. Take screenshots just in case.
- 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in purchases then 1%)
- 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations
- 3% Cash Back on transit, including parking, tolls, trains and rideshares
- 1% Cash Back on other purchases
Applying for the Card
The welcome offer, intro APRs, and intro plan fees are not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. American Express may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer, intro APRs, and intro plan fee eligibility. If you’re not sure if you’ve had that card in the past, here’s how to check.
American Express has a limit of one approved credit card every 5 days and two approved cards every 90 days. You can combine the application with a charge card though.
This Amex Blue Cash Preferred $300 bonus with the annual fee waived is probably the best offer we have seen for this card. The option to apply through a referral makes it even better since the person referring you can get up to a 30K bonus. Check your accounts and see if the offer shows up for you.