Amex Authorized User Bonuses
American Express is once again sending out offers with a bonus for adding authorized users to your credit card account. These bonuses are targeted and you must have received an email, or find the offer online in your account.
- Add new Additional Card Members to your account through this email and earn a $25 statement credit after they spend $250 in eligible purchases on their Card in their first 3 months of Card Membership (limit $199 in statement credits). Offer ends March 1st, 2020.
- Additional Card Members must be added all at once.
- Points will be posted to the Basic Card Member’s account within 8–12 weeks after an Additional Card Member makes required purchases.
- Your purchases as the Basic Card Member will not count toward the $500 spend requirement.
- The Additional Card Member’s Social Security Number and Date of Birth are not required to submit this request. However, this information must be provided by you or the Additional Card Member within 60 days after the Card is issued, or the Additional Card will be canceled.
A decent offer for adding a new user to your account. We often see similar offers for other cards as well. Usually best offers are found for Platinum and Gold cards. The only issue here is that you need to add Authorized Users and that would show up as another credit card on that person’s credit report. That would be a problem for those trying to stay under 5/24.