American Airlines Waives Change Fees
American Airlines has extended change fee waivers for flights booked through the end of September. The airline announced Tuesday that any customer who has purchased plane tickets through September 30, 2020 can change it for free as long as travel is completed by the end of 2021. Award tickets are included in that offer and customers can also change their origin and destination cities.
Related: Full List of Airline Cancellation and Change Fee Waivers Due to Coronavirus
For existing travel
American has extended its offer to waive change fees for customers who have summer travel through Sept. 30, 2020. The offer is available for any of American’s fares, and customers will have until Dec. 31, 2021, for future travel. Fare rules may apply depending on the ticket.
- Any ticket purchased on or before April 7, 2020, for travel through Sept. 30, 2020, will not incur change fees prior to travel. Customers must pay any fare difference, if applicable, at time of ticketing of the new fare.
- All AAdvantage® award tickets are included in this offer.
- Customers are allowed to change their origin and destination cities as part of this new offer.
- Travel must be completed by Dec. 31, 2021.
For new travel purchases
American has also extended its offer to waive change fees for customers who purchase new travel through May 31, 2020. Customers will have even more flexibility since any ticket purchased by May 31, 2020, will not incur change fees prior to travel. The offer is available for any of American’s published nonrefundable fares.
- Any ticket purchased from March 1 at 4:30 p.m. CT through May 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. CT will not incur change fees prior to travel.
- This is available for any of American’s nonrefundable published fares.
See press release here.