Amazon Amex Points Discount
Amazon has a new promotion that can save you 20% when you use American Express Membership Rewards points. Redeeming these points on Amazon is not a great idea. You can get much more value through other avenues. But luckily you can just use a single point for this promotion to get the Amazon Amex points discount. This promotion has been around in the last few months but it has now been extended until 4/30/20, and even working again for some more people.
Here’s how it works:
- Click on the “Activate now” button to activate this promotion and apply points to your next order.
- Add one or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart. Promotion can be redeemed on multiple purchases. Maximum discount available is $50
- To redeem this offer, you must use Membership Rewards points for at least a portion of your order.
- 20% savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page if the items in your order are eligible for the promotion
- This is a limited time offer. This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 4/30/2020, or (b) the time at which 40,000 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $50 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled card per one account
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $50.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
A great promotion that everyone can use as long as they have a linked Amex card to the Amazon account. Just use one points and you will receive a 20% discount on eligible products. To maximize the discount you need to make a $250 purchase. You can use it for gift cards as well.
This is probably part of this coronavirus initiative from American Express. You can also earn 5x extra points if you have this Amex Offer.