Check your American Express credit cards for an offer that can earn you up to 20x points for your paid flights with AirFrance KLM. This Air France Amex Offer is targeted, so check your cards to see if you have it.
Air France Amex Offer
Get 20,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 in one or more eligible transactions direct with Air France or KLM by 10/31/2019. Flights must originate from US & charged in USD.
- Offer valid only on flights booked through US websites www.klm.us and www.airfrance.us in USD will be included in the offer.
- Flight must originate in US and be charged in USD to qualify.
- Not valid for purchase made through partner sites, agents, affiliates and third parties.
- Excludes KLM Package Deals, City Pass Amsterdam, hotel bookings, car rentals, ground transportation, tours, airport transfers, equipment services, Shop@KLM, purchases of miles, and lounge access fees.
- Excludes Air France Music, Air France Saphir, Air France Shopping, convention/conference/seminar services, baggage drop off, group reservations, La Boutique Air France, parking, Stress Free Flying workshop, flight crew training, Flying Blue Store, KLM Jet Center, KLM Wanna Gives.
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online. You will usually get a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. You can use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues. Some specific offers can also be added to multiple cards, so keep that in mind when adding offers.
For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards.
A good offer for those who might have paid flights planned with Air France. We see about once a year. You need to spend $1,000 in one or more transactions. So it doesn’t have to be used up all at once. 20,000 Membership Rewards points are valued at about $300, so that’s a solid discount for your airfare.
Let me know if you see it in your accounts.
2 thoughts on “Air France Amex Offer: Get 20K Points When You Spend $1,000 or More”
Would tax and/or fuel surcharge on a points booking trigger the credit?
Yes it has worked with previous offers.