Wyndham Continues Expansion Across Europe, Middle East, Eurasia and Africa
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts has approximately 9,000 hotels across nearly 95 countries. But the hotel chain continues to expand across Europe, Middle East, Eurasia and Africa with a number of recent launches and a strong line-up of openings expected in 2022.
In 2021 Wyndham achieved nearly 70 new hotel signings across those regions and a host of exciting openings.
In Europe, Wyndham furthered its footprint of over 300 hotels with the addition of 12 resorts in sought-after destinations including Turkey’s Aegean coast, Spain’s Costa del Sol, the beautiful island of Tenerife, secluded country estates in the UK, the Austrian Alps, Georgia, Romania and more. In the Middle East, Wyndham continued to bring more accommodation options to Dubai, as the city officially welcomed the highly anticipated Expo 2020 global exhibition, with more openings under the Howard Johnson, Ramada, as well as the La Quinta and Days Inn by Wyndham brands, both launched in the market for the first time in 2021. In India, Wyndham reached its 50th hotel mark, with new openings in culturally rich destinations including Jaipur, Varanasi, Mohali and Udaipur under the Ramada, Howard Johnson by Wyndham and the upscale Wyndham brand.
Coming in 2022
Some of the upcoming openings in 2022 will include:
- Wyndham’s first entry into Poland with the upscale Wyndham Wroclaw Old Town, slated to open this month. The hotel will feature 205 stylish guest rooms and a host of amenities in a central location near plenty of attractions and landmarks.
- Wyndham Garden Munich Messe in Germany, which will offer 267 modern guest rooms in the business district of the city. Recently opened, the hotel will add to the existing portfolio of 11 hotels in Munich from economy to upscale.
- Further growth of the Super 8 brand in Germany, with the 10th hotel under the brand to open in Koblenz in June in collaboration with GS Star.
- More additions under the Ramada, Ramada Encore and Days Inn by Wyndham brands in Turkey with new additions in Istanbul, Rize, Elbistan and more.
- Wyndham will open its TRYP brand for the first time in Greece with a stylish hotel in Corfu. Expected to open in April, TRYP by Wyndham Corfu Dassia will offer 48 rooms, contemporary interiors, and lush gardens.
- The debut of the Wyndham’s namesake brand in Cyprus with the upscale Wyndham Nicosia. The hotel will offer elegant accommodation in Nicosia’s main square, alongside several leisure amenities and conference space.
- Continued expansion in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Georgia, including the highly anticipated Grigoleti Beach Resort, a new construction build, marking the first Trademark in the market.
- Additional development in the Middle East with the 278-room Wyndham Grand Doha West Bay Beach in Qatar, along with two more openings in Saudi Arabia.
- Further growth in India including Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & Golden Casino in Gangtok City, featuring stunning views of the Himalayan range, and the launch of the 300-room Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Mumbai Sahar offering guests comfortable accommodations and direct accessibility to the second busiest airport in the country.