Wells Fargo Business Platinum Card, $500 Signup Bonus In-Branch
The Wells Fargo Business Platinum Card $500 bonus is back, this time with smaller spending requirement of $3,000. But it is available in-branch only. Some people already applied for this card with a $300 offer recently while opening their business checking account, for this huge $1,500 bonus.
- Get a one-time $500 cash back bonus1 or 50,000 bonus points when you enroll in the Business Card Rewards Program and spend $3,000 in the first three months of account open date.
- No Annual Fee
This offer is available in-branch only. The online offer is for $300.
- 1.5% cash back if you choose cashback option
- Or 1 point on every $1 spent and receive 1,000 bonus points when your company spend is $1,000 or more in any monthly billing period. Plus 10% back when you redeem.
- 0% introductory rate for nine months
- No foreign transaction fee
- No annual fee, plus up to 99 employee cards with no additional fee
- This offer is not available if the business already has a Wells Fargo business credit card or had a Wells Fargo business credit card opened or closed in the immediately preceding 12 months
- Must have a checking account for at least 12 months
The Wells Fargo Business Platinum Credit Card has a strange setup. It can earn either cash back or points. To get the $500 bonus you have to enroll in cashback. After that you will earn 1.5% cash back on all your purchases.
If you want to keep the card long term then points are the better option. Remember, you do not get the signup bonus if you select points. There’s a few requirements to maximize the value of points, but you could get up to 3.2 cents per point.
The card earns 1 point per dollar. But you get 1,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in a monthly billing period. That makes it 2X everywhere if you spend exactly $1,000 every month. The redemption value for each option is not stated, but there’s an option to use 25,000 points for one trip coach standard airfare of up to $400 in the 48 contiguous United States. That’s a maximum value of 1.6 cents per point and 3.2X everywhere.
We have seen this Wells Fargo Business Platinum Card $500 signup bonus in the past, and it is now available again in-branch only. This is a business card and it will not count towards your Chase 5/24 status.
The points earning system is interesting, but I’m guessing most people will be looking at the signup bonus.