There’s two available offers that are showing up at Wells Fargo branches when you use their ATM. Depending on your location you might get a $100 signup offer which has been around before, or the better $150 offer which is rare. DoC reports that the $150 is showing up in CA and the $100 in NJ. I’ll check it out later to see what I get in NYC. Check out DoC’s post for a picture of the full receipt.
When you use a debit card from a different bank at an Wells Fargo ATM it will ask you at the end of your transaction if you want a $100 or $150 coupon to open e Wells Fargo checking account. With that coupon you can then open an account in branch to get the bonus. Keep in mind that there’s most likely fees associated with using a different bank’s ATM.
To receive either bonus you need to complete the following requirements:
- Open a new consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $50 in a Wells Fargo branch by December 31, 2016
- Complete one of the following: 10 debit card purchases/payments OR establish a qualifying direct deposit of $500 or more
You do not qualify for the bonus if you have received any cash or cash-equivalent bonus through Wells Fargo consumer deposits in the past 12 months.
This is a decent offer, but Wells Fargo has had better deals in the past, up to $250 even, but those are very rare.
The good thing about having a Wells Fargo checking account, is that you can then apply for Wells Fargo credit cards. Even then, they’re a bit stingy with their approvals. I was declined more than a year ago for the Wells Fargo Cash Back Visa card. So I’ll give it another try now so I can get this $100 bonus plus 5% cash back for 6 months.
How to avoid fees
- 10 debit card purchases and/or payments each statement cycle OR
- $500 in qualifying direct deposits each statement cycle OR
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 OR
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card
- Apply In Branch
- Account Type: Everyday Checking
- Availability: Nationwide
- Expiration Date:
- Type of Inquiry: Soft pull
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $500 (optional)
- Other Requirements: $50 opening deposit and 10 debit card purchases/payments
- Credit Card Funding: Up to $50
- Monthly Fee: $10 but can be waived
- Closing Account Fee: None