U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve – Use Travel Credit on Dining Permanently, Free Additional Cards & More
The U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve card is a premium travel card with a $400 annual fee and $325 annual credit. Now the credit card issuer has informed cardholders that the card is getting several improvements that make it easier to use the travel credit and add users to your account.
From now on, you can use the travel credit on dining, permanently. This was initially added a temporary option during the pandemic. Additional cards will also be free. Until now you had to pay $75 to add an additional user to your U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve account. Plus you will earn 3x on dining for three more months.
U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Improvements
- Your U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Signature Card has new benefits for you to enjoy whether you’re at home or on the go: Dining purchases are now a permanent addition to your $325 annual credit: Get up to $325 in statement credits annual with takeout, food delivery and dining purchases, as well as travel purchases made directly with airlines, hotels, car rental companies and more.
- No fee for additional cards: The $75 additional card annual fee has been removed. On your next cardmember anniversary, you will not be charged if you have additional card on your account. In addition, if you add a card to your account, you will not be charged.
- Special dining offer extended through June 30, 2021: Earn 3X points per $1 spent on takeout, food delivery and dining purchases. No registration required.
How to Add Authorized User
Adding an authorized user online is not very straightforward. Here are the steps:
- Log into your online account for the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve card
- Click “Customer Service” on the menu bar in top, and the select “Self Service”
- Under “Credit Cards, Charge Cards, Personal Lines” you should see “Add Authorized User”
- Enter Name, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth
- Submit authorized user request.
These upgrades make the U.S. Bank Altitude Reserve Visa Infinite Card better. The travel credit is now easier to use, because most people will be able to spend $325 on dining for a year. That brings the annual fee down to $75.
The card also has a 50,000 points bonus (we have seen better bonuses in the past, up to 100K), 3x points for travel and mobile wallet purchases and now also 3X for takeout, food delivery, and dining through June 30, 2021. Being able to add authorized users with no fee, makes it easier to earn rewards.