Starbucks Rewards Visa Card, Increased Bonus of 6,500 Stars (YMMV)
The Starbucks Rewards Visa Card has an increased bonus of 6,500 points, up from 4,500 which is the usual offer. The card is probably not worth getting for most people, but some hardcore Starbucks fans might be swayed. You can also read more about the Starbucks rewards program here.
- Earn 6,500 Bonus Stars after you spend $500 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. Bonus can be redeemed for 40 free handcrafted beverages, or 30 sandwiches.
- Annual Fee: $49 (waived the first year)
There’s no link for this offer. Check your Starbucks app.
- Earn 300 Bonus Stars the first time you use your Starbucks Rewards Visa Card to add money to your Starbucks® account.
- Up to 3 Stars for every $1 spend at Starbucks
- Earn 1 Star for every $1 you digitally load to your registered Starbucks Card in your Starbucks App with your Starbucks Rewards Visa Card in addition to the 2 Stars per $1 you already get when you pay with your registered Starbucks Card or registered Starbucks Card in the Starbucks® App as a Starbucks Rewards Member at a participating Starbucks® store.
- Earn 1 Star per $2 spent at grocery stores, on local transit and commuting, and on internet, cable and phone services.
- Earn 1 Star for every $4 you spend outside of Starbucks® stores.
- Get free perks sent to your inbox once per month throughout 2022. Handcrafted drinks we want to share with you as a thanks for being a cardmember.
This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
The card also falls under the Chase 5/24 rule.
A terrible product in my opinion, but the signup bonus is now better than usual and there’s no fee for the first year. It falls under the Chase 5/24 rule, so not everyone qualifies. And if you are under 5 cards in the last 24 months, then it would be foolish to use a new card application for the Chase Starbucks card. The signup bonus, while better than the public offer, is still maybe worth just $200-$250.
I really don’t see a reason to get this card. You could go for other credit card bonuses and just pay for your coffee.
Is anyone considering getting this card? I don’t go to Starbucks often, so maybe I’m undervaluing it.