Southwest Sale – Lots of One Way Fares from $39, Book Through Dec 17th
Check out this new Southwest sale featuring discounted flights all over the country starting from as little as $39. This is a great price, and you can book through December. Combined with the fact that Southwest is currently letting you change any flight for no extra charge, it could be useful fo many people that are worried about making travel plans right now. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good. Check out these credit card offers that will help you get a Companion Pass.
This deal on everyone’s favorite budget-friendly carrier is running through June 25, 2020. There are some restrictions and blackout dates, but there are plenty of opportunities to find your next getaway and start dreaming of traveling once again.
The deals apply to flights from August 11 through December 17, 2020. The cheapest fares on a large number of routes but are only available on specific days.
Travel dates and restrictions are are follows:
- Continental U.S. travel valid August 11 through December 17, 2020.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid August 18 through December 3, 2020.
- International travel valid August 18 through December 9, 2020.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out November 25 & 28-30, 2020. Sale fares to San Juan, PR and international destinations blacked out November 20-22, 2020; sale fares from San Juan, PR and international destinations blacked out November 27-30, 2020.
Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, and Las Vegas and from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando to Las Vegas is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando and Las Vegas and from Las Vegas to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, and Orlando is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Mexico is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Mexico is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 14-day advance purchase required for continental U.S. travel; 21-day advance purchase required for all other travel.
- Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service.
- Fares not available to/from continental U.S. to/from Hawaii.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
- Purchase from June 23 through June 25, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
These are good deals from Southwest, and the fact that you can book August through December makes it useful. If you’re not familiar with Southwest, you should know that the airline does not assign seats. So be ready to check in exactly 24 hours before your flight time, so you can get a good spot in line to board early and grab some good seats.
Use a Southwest credit card or Amex Platinum (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve(3x on travel), or any of the best credit cards for travel purchases. You can also use travel credit from cards such as Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
So where will you go next? Let me know in the comments if you book anything.