Southwest has another flash sale with prices starting as low as $49 one-way. There’s also some international flights starting at $71 one-way, and interisland travel through Hawaii for $49 in this Southwest fare sale. Most of the $49 one-way deals are available on west coast routes that include travel between Long Beach and San Jose, San Jose and San Diego, and San Jose and Los Angeles. There are also $49 one-way flights between Nashville and Atlanta. For $59, travelers will find flights between Burbank and San Francisco, Fort Lauderdale and Jacksonville, Las Vegas and Long Beach, Salt Lake City and Las Vegas, and Los Angeles and Los Vegas. You need to book by May 9th to take advantage of this sale. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good.
Travel dates and restrictions are are follows:
- Continental U.S. travel valid August 20 through October 30, 2019.
- Continental U.S. travel blacked out August 30, and September 2, 2019.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid May 28 through November 2, 2019.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid September 4 through October 31, 2019.
- International travel valid August 20 through October 31, 2019.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 21-day advance purchase required.
- Purchase by May 9, 2019, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
- Fares valid on domestic, nonstop service only.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
These are good deals from Southwest. It’s definitely worth taking a look if you have travel plans coming up. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure.
Use Amex Platinum (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), or any of the best credit cards for travel purchases. You can also use travel credit from your Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.