Southwest Adds New Destinations, Plus Low Fares from $39 One-Way
Southwest is celebrating the 50th Anniversary of its first flights this month. The airline is giving away free miles and more, extended its bookable flight schedule through Jan. 5, 2022, added the 18th new airport since early 2020, has a sweet promotion tomorrow to earn bonus points, is letting you change flights with no fees, and there are some low fares to check out.
The carrier announced today service to Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) in New York, will begin Nov. 14, 2021. Syracuse will become the 121st airport for Southwest. The carrier also published new flights today that resume service to all previously served international destinations.
“We’re continuing to expand our service bringing low fares, flexible policies, and world-famous Hospitality to more people, making it easier to choose Southwest,” said Andrew Watterson, Chief Commercial Officer & Executive Vice President for Southwest Airlines. “Our latest destination in the Finger Lakes region of Upstate New York not only allows New Yorkers easier access to our growing network, but brings the offerings of Upstate New York to our existing Customers.”
Southwest continues to grow across North America with service to its sixth destination in New York: Syracuse, beginning Nov. 14, 2021. Southwest initially will offer up to three daily flights each way between Syracuse and Baltimore/Washington (BWI), allowing travelers to reach more than 50 destinations across the Southwest network on same-plane or connecting service. Flights start from $49 and are already available to book.
Southwest additionally will offer nonstop service on select Saturdays during peak fall and winter holiday periods between Syracuse and Orlando.
On Nov. 7, 2021, Southwest also will begin service to Northwest Washington with new service twice daily between Bellingham, Wash. and Oakland and once daily between Bellingham, Wash. and Las Vegas. With this service pattern, Customers traveling from nearly 40 airports across the Southwest network will be able to land closer to southern British Columbia, Canada.
|Fly nonstop between
Bellingham, Wash. and:
|Initial service:||One-way fares as low as*:|
|Las Vegas||1 time daily||$39|
|Oakland||2 times daily||$39|
With demand for beach and leisure destinations continuing to increase, Southwest intends to resume service to all of its previously served international destinations by Nov. 7, 2021.
|Effective Oct. 7, 2021, Southwest intends to resume once daily nonstop service between Ft. Lauderdale and:||One-way fares as low as*:|
|Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands||$99**|
|Providenciales, Turks and Caicos||$99|
|Effective Nov. 7, 2021, Southwest intends to resume once daily nonstop service between Ft. Lauderdale and:||One-way fares as low as*:|
|Montego Bay, Jamaica||$129|
|Effective Nov. 7, 2021, Southwest intends to resume once daily nonstop service between Houston (Hobby) and:||One-way fares as low as*:|
|Belize City, Belize||$99|
New Nonstop Flights to Cancun
Southwest will serve Cancun nonstop from 17 airports in the U.S. as winter 2021/2022 begins. Starting Nov. 7, the airline will offer new, seasonal, daily service between Chicago (O’Hare) and Cancun, complementing the carrier’s daily Cancun service from Chicago Midway Airport.
|Fly nonstop between:||Initial service:||One-way fares as low as*:|
|Chicago (O’Hare) and Cancun||Daily||$129|
On Nov. 13, Southwest will bring its first-ever international service to Kansas City with seasonal service on Saturdays between Kansas City and Cancun.
Escape to the Caribbean and Central America
Southwest continues responding to growing Customer demand for more access to beaches. Beginning Nov. 13, 2021, Southwest intends to launch seasonal service on Saturdays between Denver and Liberia, Costa Rica. The same day, the airline will begin Saturday-only service between both St. Louis and Buffalo/Niagara Falls and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Fare Sale Terms
- Purchase today, June 10, 2021, through June 11, 2021, 11:59 p.m. Central Daylight Time.
- Continental U.S. travel is valid Nov. 7, 2021, through Jan. 5, 2022. Syracuse, New York (SYR) travel is valid Nov. 14, 2021, through Jan. 5, 2022.
- International travel is valid Oct. 7, 2021, through Dec. 9, 2021.
- Houston (Hobby) to/from Belize; Cancun to/from Fort Lauderdale and Chicago (O’Hare); and Fort Lauderdale to/from Montego Bay, Jamaica is valid Nov. 7, 2021, through Dec. 9, 2021.
- Continental U.S. travel is blacked out Nov. 23, 2021, through Nov. 24, 2021; Nov. 27, 2021, through Nov. 29, 2021; Dec. 17, 2021, through Dec. 18, 2021; Dec. 22, 2021, through Dec. 23, 2021; Dec. 26, 2021, through Dec. 28, 2021; and Jan. 1, 2022, through Jan. 3, 2022.
- Continental U.S. to international destinations is blacked out Nov. 19, 2021, through Nov. 21, 2021.
- Continental U.S. from international destinations is blacked out Nov. 26, 2021, through Nov. 28, 2021.
- Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is valid only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Travel Baltimore-Washington (BWI) to/from Syracuse, New York (SYR) is not valid on Fridays and Sundays.
- Travel continental U.S. to international destinations is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays.
- Travel continental U.S. from international destinations is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
- Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service. Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees.
- Rapid Rewards® points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Fares not available to/from continental U.S. to/from Hawaii.