Securityplus Federal Credit Union, 11-Month CD with 6.00% APY
Securityplus Federal Credit Union has a 11-month CD with a rate of 6.00% APY. This is the best deal out there for a CD, if you don’t mind your money being locked in for 11 months.
To open an account, you can call Securityplus Federal Credit Union at 410-281-6200 or by visiting a branch. All branches are located in MD, but it looks like anyone can join and open an account.
Minimum opening deposit of $1,000, and must be maintained throughout the share certificate term. There’s a $50,000 maximum deposit. You can also fund with a credit card for up to $2,000.
Before you can open a CD, you need to join Securityplus, complete a membership application and make a $5.00 minimum deposit to open your Shared Shavings account. Securityplus membership is open to:
- anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school in Baltimore City
- family members or household member of an existing credit union member
- individuals who are employed or retired from one of our Select Employee Groups
- any consumer who may be eligible to join the credit union through the American Consumer Council (ACC)
And you can earn a $50 Amazon gift card when you first join, if you apply through a referral link. You’re welcome to share referrals in the comments below.
- This promotional offer is limited to one share certificate per member.
- IRA share certificates are subject to IRS contribution limits.
- Early withdrawal penalties may apply.
- At maturity, unless instructed otherwise, all 11-month share certificates will automatically renew at the 12-month share certificate rate and term in effect at the time of renewal.
- Membership eligibility is required.
This is a great APY, but there are some hoops to jump through, and there’s a limit of $50,000. But if everything works out, it is a great return. You can also check out other high-yield accounts here.
Let me know how it works out for you!