Sears filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and announced it would be closing more than 100 stores before the end of the year. But the chain is ramping up for the holiday shopping season and reminding customers that it’s still open for business.
Business Insider reports that this year, Kmart stores will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight on Thanksgiving, before reopening at 6 a.m. on Black Friday. Most Sears stores will open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving and close at midnight, then reopen at 5 a.m. on Black Friday.
Shoppers should expect to see some big discounts, both at Sears and Kmart stores. The 142 stores that are closing should have the best deals, as the company looks to clear out inventory. In Thursday’s press release, Sears offered these teasers:
- Save 52 percent on a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator– $999.99, reg. price $2,099.99
- Save 50 percent on a Craftsman 320-pc Mechanic’s Tool Set– $149.99, reg. price $299.99
- Everlast yoga sets for her and fleece separates for him for $9.99; reg. price $22-$26
- All DieHard® industrial boots– $49.99; reg. price $105-$110
- Save $1,000 on the NordicTrack Elite 10.9 elliptical – $599, reg. price $1,599.99
Kmart will have these offers:
- Save $200 on a Samsung 55″ class smart 4K UHD TV – $499 plus $50 CASHBACK in points; reg. price $699
- Save $30 on 1,000 Thread Count Sheets– now $19.99 any size; reg. price $59.99
- Save 50 percent on Select Small Kitchen Appliances– now $4.99; reg. price $9.99
- 6′ pre-decorated American Pine Tree– $49.99; reg. price $99.99
- Barbie – now $1.99; reg. price $6.99-$9.99
- Save 50 percent on Skullcandy Uproar Bluetooth on-ear headphones– now $24.99; reg. price $49.99
Just keep in mind that large purchase could be risky, especially when it comes to warranties.