This August American Express and Resy are launching two promotions to make dining out cheaper, or even free. The first is an Amex Offer which is showing up in American Express accounts already. The other is a chance for free dinners, available to all diners. All you need to do is snag a reservation through the Resy app or website and if you’re one of the lucky few, Resy will pick up your tab. Let’s see how these promotions works.
To encourage people to dine out at local restaurants, from August 1 through August 31st, 2023, eligible American Express Card Members who enroll their Card and spend $60 or more can earn $15 back as a statement credit after dining at select Resy restaurants, up to two times.
- Offer valid in-restaurant only at 200 select US Resy restaurants.
- Visit resy.com/shopsmall for a list of participating restaurants.
- Purchases made at restaurant locations not listed as eligible at resy.com/shopsmall will not qualify.
- Orders placed online, in-app, or through third parties are excluded.
- Booking a reservation with Resy.com is not a requirement to qualify for the statement credit and any purchases or charges made through Resy’s platform, including cancellation fees, are not eligible for this credit.
- Qualifying purchases must be made in-restaurant and directly with a participating restaurant by the offer end date.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $30 back) per Card Member.
Free Dinner at Stand-Out Neighborhood Restaurants
Starting August 9th, American Express and Resy will host events at 25 stand-out neighborhood restaurants in New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington D.C. and will pick up the check, up to $99 a person.
Participating restaurants include places like Txikito in New York City, a Basque restaurant first opened in 2008 by a husband-and-wife team that reinvented post-pandemic and landed on the New York Times’ list of 100 Best Restaurants in New York City; Krüs Kitchen in Miami’s Coconut Grove where chef Sebastián Vargas nods to his upbringing in Colombia and New Delhi, India and has created a menu around open fire cooking, seasonal vegetables, regional seafood, and homemade pastas inspired by top restaurants where he has cooked (Eleven Madison Park, Osteria Francescana, Faviken); and Mourad in San Francisco, where Moroccan-born Mourad Lahlou blends Moroccan flavors with California produce.
Reservations for the events, where American Express and Resy will cover the check up to $99 per person (terms apply), will drop on Mondays at 10:00 a.m. local time. The event lineup features:
- Wednesday, August 9: Joseph Leonard (NYC), Harold & Belle’s (LA), Mourad (SF), Mi Tocaya (CHI), Annabelle (DC), Tropezón (MIA)
- Wednesday, August 16: & Sons Ham Bar (NYC), Kismet (LA), Kin Khao (SF), TenGoku Aburiya (CHI), Ellē (DC), Krüs Kitchen (MIA)
- Wednesday, August 23: Txikito (NYC), Great White (LA), Outerlands (SF), Lula Cafe (CHI), Revelers Hour (DC), Lion & the Rambler (MIA), Semilla (MIA)
- Wednesday, August 30: Tuome (NYC), Madre (LA), Brenda’s French Soul Food (SF), Cherry Circle Room (CHI), St. Vincent Wine (DC), Fox’s Lounge (MIA)
This offer will be available to nearly 3,200 diners throughout the month of August on Wednesday nights.
The Resy Amex Offer is easy to use. Just make sure to add the offer to your accounts first. Then you can get $15 off $60 twice. Some of these restaurants are also listed on Seated, Bilt Rewards and Upside. That means that you can stack savings.
Then you can score a free dinner for 6 at 25 restaurants in major cities. That includes New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington D.C.. Resy will cover your bill if you’re one of the first to book on Wednesdays.
As a reminder, you can earn 4X Membership Rewards on dining with the Amex Gold Card and 3x with the Amex Green Card (which currently has a best ever bonus). You can also see the full list of best credit cards for restaurant purchases.