PointCard Is Shutting Down in September
The PointCard Neon program is shutting down by September 23, 2022. Point’s bank partner can no longer support PointCard Neon, and therefore all PointCard Neon debit card accounts will be closed by that date.
Here are some important details for those who have a PointCard debit card:
- On August 9, 2022 you will no longer be able to initiate new ACH debit transactions. You will still be able to initiate withdrawals and we will still support direct deposit and autopay for the time being. However, you should begin making arrangements to update your information on file for direct deposit or autopay.
- On August 24, 2022 you will no longer be able to make purchases with your card.
- On September 8, 2022 all other transactions and features of your PointCard Neon account will be disabled and your ability to use your PointCard Neon account will be terminated.
- On September 23, 2022 your account will be closed. Remaining funds will be returned via ACH to your linked bank account.
- You will be able to access the app until December 22, 2022.
It was good while it lasted. Hopefully you maximized most of the spending bonuses they offered. Take out your funds now, or at least make sure your external bank account and mailing address information associated with your Point account is up to date.