PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Launched with 50K Points Bonus Plus $50 Gift Card
PenFed stopped accepting applications for the old PenFed Pathfinder American Express Rewards card towards the end on 2019. The card is now back, and the new version is part of Visa network, and is available for applications. The PenFed Pathfinder Rewards Visa Signature card comes with 50,000 points when you sign up, $50 when you apply through a referral, and good earning rates on travel.
Update: Members who are approved for a Pathfinder® Rewards card May 25, 2021 – Sept. 30, 2021 will be automatically entered to win a $10,000 dream vacation.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Points (worth $425) when you spend $3000 in the first 90 days after account opening.
- $50 Visa Gift Card when you apply through referral.
- 0% Balance Transfers Promo APR for 12 months, 3% fee applies to each transaction.
- $95 Annual Fee. Waived for PenFed Honors Advantage Members.
- 4X Points on all Travel categories for PenFed Honors Advantage Members.
- 3X Points on all Travel categories for other members.
- 1.5X Points on all other purchases.
- $100 annual domestic air ancillary travel statement credit
- $100 Global Entry or $85 TSA Pre-check statement credit
- Complimentary Priority Pass Airport Lounge Annual Select Membership
- No foreign transaction fees.
Applying for the Card
Here’s the direct link to the application page.
You must be a PenFed member in order to apply. You can join via association membership, employment, military affiliation and more. You automatically qualify if you are a former or existing member of the military. You can also join National Military Family Association, or Voices For Troops, which each cost $17. Find more information about the membership here.
PenFed Honors Advantage Program
If you are a PenFed Honors Advantage Program member, the annual fee is waived on the card, and you earn 4X points on all Travel categories. To qualify for the PenFed Honors Advantage Program you must
- be in an active military service status, a member of the Reserves or National Guard, an honorably discharged U.S. Military Veteran or retired from such service OR
- the member must be the primary owner on both the credit card and checking accounts of any existing open PenFed product, excluding PenCheck Limited accounts, or open a new Access America Checking account with PenFed.
This looks like a good card to have especially for those who qualify for the PenFed Honors Advantage Program. The annual fee would be waived and you can earn 4X on travel purchases. The bonus is a good one too, although you need to be a PenFed member in order to apply. 50,000 points can be redeemed for Visa gift cards or other merchant gift cards, and would get you a value of $425.
If you have referrals, you can post them in the comments below. Please post just the link and nothing else.