AAA is selling no fee Visa gift cards again until June 30th. This is the page where you can find the Visa gift card offer, but it is the Mid Atlantic website. There’s no limit.
The gift cards are issued by Metabank and can be loaded with $10 to $500. They come with a pin. The AAA gift card must be purchased at a AAA Retail office.
The website doesn’t mention any membership restrictions, so it looks like the offer is available to members and non-members alike. It is not a nationwide offer and you should call up your local AAA location to check if they are offering the no fee Visa gift cards and also make sure it is available for non-members.
If the no fee cards are available near you, this could be a great way of meeting a minimum spend requirement or even stacking some points/miles. Keep in mind that most likely you won’t be able to purchase very large amounts and different offices might have different limits. You might also be asked to fill out forms.
- $0 purchase fee applies to AAA Office purchases only
- Offer is valid from May 1 to June 30, 2016
- Monthly inactivity fee of $2.95 with 12 consecutive months of inactivity
- Lost/Stolen replacement card fee of $5.95
- Visa Gift Cards are issued by MetaBank®
- Delaware – entire state
- Pennsylvania – Columbia, Delaware, Luzerne, Montour, Philadelphia, portions of Bucks, Chester, Carbon, Montgomery and Schuylkill counties
- Maryland – entire state
- New Jersey – Atlantic, Burlington, Cape May, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Somerset, Sussex, and Warren counties.
- Virginia – Northern, Shenandoah Valley, Central and Southern regions
- Washington D.C. – entire District
Other Regional Clubs that offer No Fee Visa Gift Cards
- South Jersey AAA (fee free for members. not sure about non-members)
Let us know if you find the offer in any other areas.