New Referral Bonuses for Amex Cards, Earn Extra 4X on All Purchases Up to $25K
American Express has launched today new referral bonuses credit cards. You can now invite friends and once they sign up, you will earn 4x extra points on all purchases, or an additional 4% cashback. You can earn up to 100K extra points through this offer, with just one referral. Let’s see how these new Amex referral bonuses works.
Earn additional points for 3 months, starting on the first date a referral made by you results in an approved account. That’s on top of the points you already earn. This offer can only be redeemed once.
You can earn: +4 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on eligible purchases for 3 months, on up to $25k when you refer a friend to apply by 12/1 and they are approved.
Here are some examples on how the referral bonus works:
- Blue Cash Preferred Card Members who typically earn, among other rewards, 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets, will earn 10% cash back (6% + additional 4%) during the 3-month offer period.
- Gold Card Members who typically earn, among other rewards, 4X Membership Rewards® Points at U.S. supermarkets, will earn 8X (4X + additional 4 Points) during the 3-month offer period.
- Green Card Members who typically earn, among other rewards, 3X Membership Rewards® Points at Restaurants will earn 7X (3X + additional 4 Points) during the 3-month offer period.
- Blue Business Plus Card Members who typically earn 2X Membership Rewards Points on all purchases, will earn 6X (2X + additional 4 Points) during the 3-month offer period.
- Business Platinum Card Members who typically earn, among other rewards, 5X Membership Rewards® Points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com and 1X points on eligible purchases will earn 9X points for purchases on amextravel.com (5X + additional 4 Points) and 5X on other purchases (1X + additional 4 Points)
- Plum Card Members will earn 4% cash back on eligible purchases during the 3-month offer period in the form of statement credits. This will be in addition to the 1.5% Early Pay Discount a Card Member may be eligible for. Returns, credits, fees, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments or purchases of other cash equivalents are not considered purchases for the purpose of this offer.
This can be a great offer, depending on which cards you have. The Amex Blue Business Plus for example would earn 6X points on all purchases up to $25K once you refer someone. The Amex Gold card would earn 8X on groceries. It’s not as easy as just earning 15K or even 30K with the previous referrals, but you have the option to earn more points with this new offer. Especially with the holiday season coming up, spending more should be easy. Also, these points or cashback shouldn’t be taxable.
Signup bonuses are still great for many cards, such as the Amex Platinum for 100K and 10X earning on select purchases, or the increased offers for Marriott cards.