MGM Resorts Revamps Loyalty Rewards Program
Update (Feb. 1, 2022) – Today, MGM Resorts officially launches MGM Rewards, its new loyalty rewards program, offering enhanced benefits and new ways to earn for its millions of members worldwide. For the first time, non-gaming members will join their gaming counterparts and earn a currency – MGM Rewards Points – redeemable for complimentary dining, entertainment, hotel stays and much more.
The launch of MGM Rewards also comes with a new streamlined app that makes it simple for members to review their tier status and benefits and visualize how they can advance to the next tier.
MGM Resorts has finally unveiled its revamped loyalty rewards program, MGM Rewards. We knew that changes were coming, and now we have most of the details and a launch date which is on February 1st. There’s good and bad news in these changes, so everyone will probably need to evaluate them for themselves.
For the first time, non-gaming customers will join their gaming counterparts and have the benefit of earning a currency, MGM Rewards Points. These points are redeemable for complimentary food and beverage, entertainment, hotel stays and more. All members can now earn Points on nearly all expenditures at MGM Resorts destinations, integrating both non-gaming and gaming activity. In addition to MGM Rewards Points, customers playing slots also will earn Slot Dollars.
There are no changes to the number of elite tiers in the program. MGM Resorts’ five member tier levels – Sapphire, Pearl, Gold, Platinum and NOIR – all remain in place.
MGM Rewards offers members new and exclusive marquee benefits, including waived resort fees (Gold+), Tier Achievement Travel Credit to Las Vegas (Platinum+), complimentary tickets to MGM Rewards concerts (Pearl+), advanced suite upgrades for up to three nights (Platinum+), access to exclusive tier appreciation events and experiences (Gold+) and 4 p.m. late check-out (based on availability; Platinum+). As an added benefit, MGM Rewards Points and Slot Dollars will not expire for Pearl+ members due to account inactivity.
MGM Rewards grants members access to MGM Resorts’ entire portfolio of luxury properties in the US from Bellagio, ARIA, MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas; to Borgata in Atlantic City; Beau Rivage in Mississippi; and MGM National Harbor in Maryland, in addition to many others.
- All members can now earn MGM Rewards Points when they play, stay or dine at all domestic MGM Resorts destinations on directly booked rooms and food & beverage, as well as slots and now, table games. In addition to earning MGM Reward Points, slots players can now earn Slot Dollars (formerly referred to as PointPlay) for their play.
- Non-gaming and gaming members alike will now be able to redeem MGM Rewards Points for a multitude of experiences from hotel stays and food & beverage to entertainment, award-winning spas and more.
- New Tier Advancement Celebration Dinners and access to exclusive tier appreciation events recognize members who reach Gold or above tiers based on 2022 gaming and non-gaming spend.
- Extended earning window – To celebrate MGM Rewards’ launch, Tier Credits earned by members from January 1- January 31 will count toward both 2022 and 2023 Tier Status earning.
- Tier Credit multiplier promotion – As a welcome to MGM Rewards, all members are invited to take advantage of a limited-time 2x multiplier on Tier Credits earned at the Company’s Las Vegas resorts February 1 – April 30, 2022 (at the applicable earning rates). Tier Credits may be earned on all gaming play as well as spend on hotel accommodations, dining and spa services.
- There are no changes to the Tier Credits required to achieve each Tier Status with the exception of Pearl which will be lowered from 25,000 to 20,000 Tier Credits required.
- The enhanced MGM Rewards app simplifies the digital experience, allows members to easily review their tier status and benefits, and visualize how they can advance to the next tier. Play and spend are part of a single account, making it easy to stay, play and dine wherever and whenever members prefer.
- Smart integration between MGM Rewards and BetMGM, the Company’s leading sports betting and iGaming offering, unlocks even more rewards for MGM Rewards members. Play with BetMGM earns members digital rewards for more BetMGM online play, Tier Credits towards advancing to new MGM Rewards tiers, and access to tailored offers and real-world experiences across MGM Resorts and BetMGM.
- MGM Rewards has partnered with leading brands to bring members even more rewards by land, air and sea. From perks with brands including Hyatt Hotels, Southwest Airlines and Avis Rental Cars to complimentary cruises with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise Lines, with more on the horizon, MGM Rewards ensures members can enjoy world-class travel experiences even when they’re not at MGM Resorts properties. Additional partnerships with premier brands are coming soon.
MGM Rewards Elite Tiers
You can sign up for MGM Rewards here.
One thought on “MGM Resorts Revamps Loyalty Rewards Program”
Is the $100 dining credit new for MLife Gold members?