Upgrade to Amex Marriott Bevy Card with 100K Bonus
American Express is sending out offers to select Amex Marriott ($95 annual fee) cardholders to upgrade to the new Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card. These offers were sent out by email, so you have to be targeted in order to be eligible for the bonus.
Those targeted can earn 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points when they upgrade and spend $4,000 in purchases on the card within the first 6 months.
The Marriott Bevy Card comes with a $250 annual fee, which is $155 more than the $95 fee Amex Marriott card that it is no longer available. And you don’t get much more in terms of perks and benefits with the new card.
Some of the Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express Card highlights include:
- 6X Marriott Bonvoy Points on purchases at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy
- 4X Marriott Bonvoy Points on up to $15,000 in combined purchases per year at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets
- 2X Marriott Bonvoy Points on all other eligible purchases
- 1,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points with each qualifying stay
- Complimentary Gold Elite status
- A Free Night Award (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points) after making $15,000 in purchases per year. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year toward higher Elite status
This is a good upgrade bonus, and pretty close to the signup bonus for the Marriott Bevu card which currently offers 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy points with 4,000 spend in the first three months.Its probably best to apply for the new Bevy card first and get the 125K bonus, and then you can upgrade and get another 100K.