If you purchased the affected Iovate protein products from March 10, 2011 until Nov. 10, 2015, you can recive up to $300 with proof or purchase, or just up to $50 without proof.
You must file before February 8th, 2016. There’s a settlement pool of $2,500,000.
This class action lawsuit was filed by Plaintiff James Eashoo, on behalf of himself and all others similarly situated, against Defendant Iovate. The lawsuit alleges that Defendant engaged in a practice known as “protein spiking,” whereby its protein products were “spiked” with amino acids, creatine, and other non-protein ingredients, which Plaintiff claims falsely registered as proteins.
Plaintiff alleges that as a result of this practice, Defendant’s protein products contained less protein than what Defendant represented. The protein products at issue in this case are sold under the brand names MuscleTech, Six Star, EPIQ, and fuel:one.
The products that are part of this class action settlement include:
- Six Star Whey Protein Plus Elite Series
- Six Star Whey Protein Plus Professional Strength Elite Series
- Six Star Whey Protein Isolate Elite Series
- Six Star Whey Protein Isolate Professional Strength Elite Series
- Six Star Casein Elite Series
- Six Star Casein Professional Strength Elite Series
- Six Star Muscle Building Milkshake Elite Series
- Six Star Muscle Building Milkshake Professional Strength Elite Series
- Six Star Mass Gainer Professional Strength Elite Series
- Six Star Recovery Protein Elite Series
- Six Star 100% Whey Isolate Protein Gel
- Six Star Protein Bars
- MuscleTech MassTech Performance Series
- MuscleTech MassTech
- MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Performance Series
- MuscleTech Nitro-Tech Hardcore Pro Series
- MuscleTech Phase8 Performance Series
- MuscleTech Anabolic Halo Performance Series
- MuscleTech Nitro Isolate 65 Pro Series
- EPIQ Isolate
- EPIQ Gainer
- fuel:one Complex-1
There are three options for Class Members to file claims, depending whether you have a receipt, the packaging, or no proof at all.
- Option 1: Class Members who have valid receipts of the protein products will b refunded the amount shown on the receipts up to $300 per household.
- Option 2: Class Members may also receive up to $300 per household by providing valid proof of purchase of the protein products such as an image of the packaging, label, SKU or other evidence approved by the Claims Administrator.
- Option 3: Class Members who do not have any receipts or valid proof of purchase will receive $10.00 per protein product with a cap of $50.oo per household.
- File claim here
- Rebate: Up to $300 with proof & $50 without proof
- Proof of Purchase Required: No
- Settlement Pool: $2,500,000
- Deadline: 02/08/2016
- Read Settlement Details Here