IHG Hotels & Resorts Launches New IHG One Rewards Program
IHG Hotels & Resorts has finally revealed its new global loyalty program, IHG One Rewards. It was already announced that the program would undergo some major changes and now all the details have been revealed.
With nearly 6,000 hotels in over 100 countries, IHG Hotels & Resorts has recently added new brands and partnerships, investing significantly and making major changes to its products. Today as travelers pack their bags, dreaming of their vacations or the satisfaction of successful business trips, IHG is launching IHG One Rewards. The new program provides richer benefits, more ways to earn, and newly enhanced credit cards.
IHG One Rewards
The launch of IHG One Rewards follows the announcement in January 2022 of the program’s new tier and bonus point earning structure. IHG One Rewards will offer more value and relevant benefits for members to enhance their stays. Highlights of the program include:
- Faster Earn: A new tier and bonus point earning structure will allow members to earn more points faster and gain rewards sooner. The new tier and bonus point earning structure starts on April 13, 2022 and will be reflected in all member accounts on or before April 17, 2022.
- Richer Benefits: Further enhancements and member benefits include:
- Free Breakfast for Diamond Elite members as a Welcome Amenity choice
- Exclusive access to Reward Night Discount Promotions for Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite members
- More opportunities for Elite members to receive early check-in, late check-out (if available) and room upgrades (to suites, if available, or another premium room type for Platinum Elite and Diamond Elite members)
- Exceptional Choice: Recognizing that not all members want to use their points in the same way, IHG One Rewards marks the introduction of Milestone Rewards – a new, technology-enabled platform that will allow members to choose the rewards that matter most to them. Starting after 20 night, members will have a choice from a selection of rewards every 10 nights, through 100 nights. These Milestone Rewards choices include points, $20 F&B Rewards, Confirmable Suite Upgrades and Annual Lounge Membership.
In addition, on March 24, 2022, Chase and IHG Hotels & Resorts announced the launch of IHG® Rewards Premier Business Mastercard®, designed to help small business owners turn everyday expenses into meaningful travel rewards, and activated new and enhanced benefits across the IHG® Rewards Traveler and Premier Consumer Mastercard® products. All three cards feature benefits allowing cardmembers to earn points faster than ever before, simplified pathways to IHG One Reward’s new Elite tiers and optimized ways to use points.
In the coming weeks, IHG Hotels & Resorts will also roll out the new IHG One Rewards mobile app, which will power IHG One Rewards and put the loyalty experience in the palm of guests’ hands. The app is a key element to IHG One Rewards and sets a foundation for future growth. The new, modern experience is more personalized, offers streamlined booking and allows members to stay informed, check-in faster, stay connected to the hotel and travel with flexibility. IHG One Rewards members will be able to update their app on their device either through the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Benefits by Tier
Existing member stays from January 1, 2022 will count toward their new-and-improved status. The new tier and bonus point earning structure starts on April 13, 2022 and will be reflected in all member accounts by April 17, 2022. All member benefits – including the launch of Milestone Rewards – will become available for members in early June 2022 To learn more, please visit ihg.com/one.