Hyatt to Add 45 Hotels and All-Inclusive Resorts in Americas Through 2023
Hyatt Hotels has announced plans to expand its presence across the Americas region. Along with Apple Leisure Group’s AMR Collection brands, the company intends to add 45 new properties through 2023 in key resort, all-inclusive and sought-after urban destinations. In addition, Hyatt has signed management and franchise agreements for hotels in 11 new markets and 19 existing markets across the Americas.
Resorts and All-Inclusive Experiences
Leisure travel continues on an upward trajectory with a notable, strong desire for resort and all-inclusive experiences. With the recent acquisition of ALG, the combined company will offer one of the largest portfolios of luxury all-inclusive resorts in the world and luxury hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean. Through 2023, Hyatt plans to significantly expand its resort and all-inclusive portfolio, which includes the AMR Collection brands Secrets and Dreams, with expected openings across the Americas, including:
- Banyan Cay Resort & Golf (190 guestrooms), which will join the Destination by Hyatt hotel portfolio, in West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Dreams Cozumel Cape Resort & Spa (154 guestrooms) in Cozumel, Mexico
- Hyatt House Lewes / Rehoboth Beach (105 guestrooms) in Lewes, Del.
- Hyatt Place Virginia Beach/Oceanfront (140 guestrooms) in Virginia Beach, V.A.
- Hyatt Regency Grand Reserve Puerto Rico expansion (93 guestrooms) in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
- Hyatt Zilara Riviera Maya (291 guestrooms) in Riviera Maya, Mexico
- Secrets Impression Playa del Carmen (198 guestrooms) in Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Secrets Moxche Playa del Carmen (485 guestrooms) in Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- Secrets Tulum Resort & Spa (300 guestrooms) in Tulum, Mexico
- Rancho Pescadero (103 guestrooms), which will join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio, in El Pescadero, Mexico
- Dreams Grand Island (600 guestrooms) in Cancún, Mexico
- Park Hyatt Los Cabos Hotel and Residences (135 guestrooms) in Los Cabos, Mexico
- Hyatt Place New Smyrna Beach (114 guestrooms) in New Smyrna Beach, Fla.
- Secrets Baby Beach Aruba (600 guestrooms)
- Thompson South Beach (150 guestrooms) in South Beach, Fla.
New Hyatt Brands in New Markets
To continue driving brand awareness and World of Hyatt loyalty program growth, Hyatt expects to expand its brand footprint in the Americas through 2023 in 11 new markets with hotel openings under the Dreams, Hyatt Centric, Hyatt House, Hyatt Place, Hyatt Regency, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, and Thompson Hotels brands. These new destinations will position Hyatt to capture leisure demand in the markets that matter most to guests, loyalty members, and customers. They include:
- Dreams Karibana Cartagena Beach & Golf Resort (268 guestrooms) in Cartagena, Colombia
- Hyatt Centric Ville-Marie Montréal (177 guestrooms) in Montréal, Québec
- Hyatt Centric San Salvador (138 guestrooms) in Antiguo Cuscatlan, El Salvador
- Hyatt House Monterrey Valle/San Pedro (91 guestrooms) in Monterrey, Mexico
- Hyatt Place Gainesville Downtown (145 guestrooms) in Gainesville, Fla.
- Hyatt Place Kent Narrows & Marina (120 guestrooms) in Grasonville, Md.
- Hyatt Place Monterrey Valle (133 guestrooms) in Monterrey, Mexico
- Hyatt Place Montréal Downtown (354 guestrooms) in Montréal, Québec
- Hyatt Place Panama City Beach (224 guestrooms) in Panama City Beach, Fla.
- Hyatt Place St. Augustine/Vilano Beach (120 guestrooms) in St. Augustine, Fla.
- Hyatt Regency Mexico City Insurgentes (201 guestrooms) in Mexico City, Mexico
- Numu (44 guestrooms), which will join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- Dreams Estrella del Mar Mazatlan (350 guestrooms) in Mazatlan, Mexico
Late 2021 showed strengthening travel demand among urban leisure and drivable destinations. Kicking off 2022 and throughout 2023, Hyatt hotels are expected to open in sought-after city locales across the Americas, including the brand debut and opening of the first Caption by Hyatt hotel in Memphis. They include:
- Thompson Austin (229 guestrooms) in Austin, Texas – opened in January 2022
- tommie Austin (193 guestrooms), a JdV by Hyatt hotel, in Austin, Texas – opened in January 2022
- Caption by Hyatt Beale St. Memphis (136 guestrooms) in Memphis, Tenn.
- Hyatt Centric Congress Avenue Austin (246 guestrooms) in Austin, Texas
- Hyatt Centric Santa Clara (220 guestrooms) in Santa Clara, Calif.
- Hyatt House Sacramento Midtown (133 guestrooms) in Sacramento, Calif.
- Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City (700 guestrooms) in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Downtown SOMA (686 guestrooms) in San Francisco – rebranding from Park Central San Francisco
- A hotel (120 guestrooms) that will join the JdV by Hyatt portfolio in Middletown, R.I.
- Thompson Denver (216 guestrooms) in Denver, Colo.
- Hotel La Compañia, Casco Antiguo, Panama (88 guestrooms), which will join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio, in Panama City, Panama
- Kissel Uptown Oakland (168 guestrooms), which will join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio, in Oakland, Calif.
- A hotel (251 guestrooms) that will join the JdV by Hyatt portfolio in Anchorage, Ala.
- Hyatt House Lansing/MSU (131 guestrooms) in Lansing, Mich.
- Hyatt Place Toronto-Downtown/Jarvis Street (238 guestrooms) in Toronto, Ontario
- Thompson Houston (172 guestrooms) in Houston, Texas
- A hotel (64 guestrooms) that will join The Unbound Collection by Hyatt portfolio in Hollywood, Calif
Hyatt Hotels’ World of Hyatt is one of the best hotel loyalty programs out there. Hyatt lags behind Hilton and Marriott in the number of properties, with 900 hotels and resorts in over 65 countries around the world. But they make up for it in quality.
The addition of these new options will give members more destinations where they can redeem and earn points for great experiences. If you plan to visit any Hyatt properties in the near future, it always makes sense to have one of their cards, World of Hyatt Card or World of Hyatt Business Card.
Disclaimer: I receive part of the commission when you use any of the links in this article to apply for credit cards through yourbestcreditcards.com.
One thought on “Hyatt to Add 45 Hotels and All-Inclusive Resorts in Americas Through 2023”
Pingback: Most Luxurious Trains, 2022 Tax Season, Potato Chips History, Back from Kauai Trip - TravelBloggerBuzz