HomeTrust Bank, $100 Bonus for New Accounts (NC, SC, TN, VA)
HomeTrust Bank has a $100 bonus for new accounts in NC, SC, TN, VA. There is no direct deposit requirement for this bonus, but you do have to complete three ACH transfers and 15 debit purchases. You can also get an additional $5 every month.
To earn the $100 bonus, you must:
- Open checking account with the promotional code 100UP from August 15, 2020 through November 15, 2020.
- Enroll in electronic statements (eStatements) through Online or Mobile Banking;
- Have a minimum of three automated clearing house (ACH) debits per statement cycle for two consecutive statement cycles within the first three statement cycles; and
- Make at least 15 debit card purchases equal to or greater than $500 per statement cycle for two statement cycles within the first three statement cycles.
Transactions must post and settle to qualify. The $100 bonus will be credited to the new checking account on the 15th of the month after the account meets all requirements stated above.
Additional $5 monthly bonus:
- A $5 cash reward will be credited to your account on the last day of each monthly statement cycle in which 10 or more signature debit card transaction have posted and settled. Maximum of $60 cash rewards per calendar year.
- Offer available in NC, SC, TN, VA.
- This offer applies to new customers and new checking accounts only and you must have a physical address within the HomeTrust Bank market footprint.
- Offer cannot be combined with other offers and is limited to two (2) incentives per household.
- Offer is not available to customers who have closed an account within the past 90 days.
- HomeTrust Bank employees are not eligible to participate in promotion.
There’s a $10 monthly fee for the checking account which can be waived with 5 debit card transactions or 1 direct deposit.
If your account is closed within 180 days, an account closing fee equal to the bonus payment ($100) will apply.
A small bonus and there are two separate requirements. You need to complete 3 ACHs and 15 debit transactions. That’s a bit too much for a $100 bonus, but could be worth it if you don’t have many other options in your area. They have offered better bonuses in the past that required direct deposit.
- Promo Page
- Bonus: $100
- Account Type: Checking Account
- Availability: NC, SC, TN, VA
- Expiration Date: 11/25/20
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Other Requirements: 3 ACHs and 15 debit transcations
- Monthly Fees: $10 (waivable)
- Closing Account Fee: Must keep open for 180 days