Hilton Announces Elite Status Extension Due to Coronavirus Outbreak
Hilton has made an announcement today that it will extend elite status for members. Those who were due to be downgraded at the end of the month, will have their status extended until March 31, 2021. Plus 2020 member status through March 31, 2022. This applies to Diamond, Gold or Silver.
Hilton Honors Status and Points
Here are the details of this announcement:
- 2019 Status Extension. All members whose 2019 status was scheduled to be downgraded on March 31, 2020—whether it’s Diamond, Gold or Silver—will automatically receive an extension through March 31, 2021.
- 2020 Status Extension. We are extending your 2020 member status through March 31, 2022. This means you will continue to enjoy all the Diamond, Gold or Silver benefits you have access to today for the next 24 months.
- Points Extension. We will pause the expiration of all Points scheduled to expire between now and December 31, 2020.
- Weekend Night Rewards Earned on Eligible Hilton Credit Cards. We have extended the expiration date of all unexpired Weekend Night Rewards as of March 11, 2020, and all new ones issued until August 30, 2020, through the end of next summer (August 31, 2021).
Flexible Booking Options
Hilton is also making further adjustments to individual booking policies:
- Existing Reservations. All reservations—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are scheduled for arrival on or before June 30, 2020 can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
- New Reservations. Any reservations you make—even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”)—that are booked between today and June 30, 2020 for any future arrival date can be changed or cancelled at no charge, up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival day.
If you need to adjust reservations made via the Hilton website, app or call center, you can change your reservation here or contact the Hilton Guest Assistance team. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site, please contact them for assistance.
You can stay informed with Hilton’s COVID-19 page.
A generous elite status extension from Hilton. It is great to see this done automatically for everyone and it makes sense for both customers and the company itself. Hopefully we will see other hotels do teh same, as status is pretty useless right now when nobody can travel.