Hilton Announces New Program Extensions and Ability to Achieve Status Faster
Today, Hilton Honors, the guest loyalty program of Hilton’s world-class portfolio of 18 brands, has implemented several new program adjustments to 2020 and 2021 policies. There’s status and points extensions, more contactless experiences through the Hilton Honors app and more changes that will help customers during these difficult times when travel is still far from normal.
Extending Points Expiration
Hilton is pausing points expiration through the end of next year. No points will expire until December 31, 2021.
Hilton Honors Silver, Gold and Diamond members that were set to downgrade in 2020 or 2021 will have their elite status extended through March 31, 2022. This means members can keep their status longer and continue to enjoy their benefits.
Reducing Status Qualification Requirements
Hilton is reducing status qualification requirements by 50 percent cross all tiers, including stays, nights and Base Points in 2021, to allow members to achieve status in half the time. For example, this means to earn Gold status, a member must complete 20 nights, 10 stays or 37,500 Points instead of 40 nights, 20 stays or 75,000 points. And, as previously announced, all 2020 nights will automatically roll over to the 2021 calendar year to help Hilton Honors members upgrade their tier status even faster.
Lowering Milestone Bonus Night Threshold
Milestone bonus night threshold will begin at 20 nights in 2021 (was previously 40 nights) to align with new Gold status qualification and allow members to earn rewards faster. Gold members will earn 10,000 Bonus Points for 20 nights stayed and will continue earning the additional 10,000 Bonus Points every 10 nights above that level in a calendar year. At 60 nights, a member would still earn the additional Milestone Bonus of 30,000 Bonus Points.
Reducing Gifting Status Night Threshold
Hilton is also reducing the Gifting Status Night Threshold to the new Diamond status night qualification. Diamond members who stay 30 nights in 2021 will be able to gift Gold status (was previously 60 nights) or 60 nights to upgrade the gift to Diamond status (was previously 100 nights).
Extending Benefits for Hilton Honors American Express Card Members
Bonus Points will continue to count as Base Points on eligible purchases through December 31, 2021 on all cards and count toward Elite tier qualification, including Lifetime Diamond Status.
All 2021-issued Free Weekend Night Reward certificates can be used any night of the week and expiration will be extended to December 31, 2022. Unexpired Free Weekend Night Rewards as of December 31, 2020 will expire in accordance with their previously communicated terms. All Free Weekend Night Reward certificates can also continue to be used any night of the week.
More Ways to Earn & Redeem Hilton Honors Points
Hilton Honors continues to offer meaningful ways for members to earn and redeem Points in their everyday lives. In addition to redeeming Points on hotel stays, charitable contributions and various partners, for a limited time, members can:
- Apply for the Hilton Honors American Express Card through January 31, 2021 and, if approved, earn a $100 statement credit after their first Card purchase and 75,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after spending $1,000 in purchases on the Card in the first three months.
- Earn 150,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card after you use your new Card to make $4,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, enjoy a free Weekend Night Reward within your first year and every year after renewal. This card also has tons of benefits for Hilton customers.
- Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn Double Bonus Points and Double Night Credits when they enroll in the Double Rewards promotion and complete a stay by the end of the year meaning every night a member stays counts twice towards earning the next tier status, plus, even more Points to use toward a future hotel stay.
- Join Guest Opinion Rewards and complete their first survey within 90 days to earn 10,000 Points by the end of the year.
- Join the Hilton Honors Dining Program and spend $25 in the first 30 days to earn 5,000 Points by the end of the year. After that, members can earn 10 Points for every $1 spent this year.
- Link Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts to receive 250 Points, plus an additional 750 Points after taking their first ride by the end of the year.
- Buy Points through the Purchase Page by the end of the year to receive a 100 percent bonus, meaning purchase 10,000 Points, receive an additional 10,000 Points.
- Earn Double Event Planner Points with the Hilton EventReady Flexible Offer. As an extension to Hilton EventReady with CleanStay, this flexible offer applies to events booked through December 31, 2020, for meetings or events occurring now through May 31, 2021. Members in the Event Planner Program can now receive double Hilton Honors Points (2 Points per eligible $1 spent) in addition to extended flexibility allowing meetings and events to cancel without penalty up to eight days in advance of arrival.
One thought on “Hilton Announces New Program Extensions and Ability to Achieve Status Faster”
Pingback: Hilton Extends and Improves Daily Food & Beverage Credit